1066 IH dual disk problem June 16, 2018 12:25PM
I’ve put a dual disk in my 1066 and i can’t get it to engage or disengage correctly, I cut 1/4 in off the ipto shaft an throwout bearing housing so I could get the tractor bolted back together because it would not bolt all the way up until I done that, I bought the clutch used an the pp has spacers which move everything back further so now my clutch shaft that goes through the bellhousing the hookup for the clutch petal rod has been moved back towards the rear of the tractor as before is was almost straight down. I’ve adjusted every way I know to do it and it will either not go in gear and not stop whenever the petal is pressed or will somewhat go in gear but throwout bearing is still against the pressure plate and causing slippage. I put the disk in just like the guy told me with the hubs facing each other. Also the floater plate rattles like crazy I figure this is normal I’ve just never heard a tractor do it. Is this a clutch rod adjustment problem or has anyone else had the same issues? I’m just trying to find a happy medium to where it will go in gear without grinding like hell and engaging and disengaging like it should, any help would be appreciated!

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 16, 2018 03:09PM
Do you have the pressure plate shimmed/spaced far enough away from the flywheel? If not it will give you those exact same symptoms!

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 16, 2018 04:29PM
Don't sound right for hubs to go togather. Usually both point same direction. MACK

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 17, 2018 03:25AM
I put the spacers in it that came with it and he said everything was working good in his tractor, the front disk has to face the floater cause if turned around the hub hits the flywheel bolts, I’ve heard different ppl say they face different ways but it sounds like I may have to split it again to find out

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 16, 2018 04:48PM
seems wrong to have the hubs run face to face. You can figure this out by measuring the thickness of the hubs and thickness of the floater

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 17, 2018 03:58AM
Floater shouldn’t be rattling at all if clutch won’t release. Sounds like your hubs are butted against each other pinning the inner disc to the flywheel. A 2 disc clutch really shouldn’t require any modifications to run other than trimming the into shaft.

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 17, 2018 06:10AM
That’s what I thought when I first started it but the guy told me which way they go so that’s how I put it in but I’ll tear it back down an turn it around. I didn’t think the pate was supposed to rattle either but it does pretty bad

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 17, 2018 07:55AM
What kind of clutch?

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 17, 2018 09:48AM
I’m not sure of the brand, it’s a steel flywheel that looks just like a cast one. The pads an pp say hy capacity

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 02:28AM
Mine i get get it to release. Only way to hold it is with the breaks. Ag parts where I got it had it apart many times. Took hyd ast off built rod still won't release. Hubs of disk in way they printed on the the floater plate moves fine on the groves. Very stumped

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 04:47AM
Sd1066
Mine i get get it to release. Only way to hold it is with the breaks. Ag parts where I got it had it apart many times. Took hyd ast off built rod still won't release. Hubs of disk in way they printed on the the floater plate moves fine on the groves. Very stumped

Did you trim off the end of the ipto shaft?

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 04:57AM
No. I used 1 that came with the kit

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 05:38AM
Was it shorter than stock?

Also when you bolted pressure plate down to flywheel did the fingers lay flat or were they tucked in?

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 08:07AM
Flat. Trimmed ipto. Still not releasing 100%

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 06, 2021 08:54AM
Sounds like you aren’t getting enough travel on your fork to create enough air gap for release

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 07, 2021 06:18PM
Is it possible that you are twisting the clutch fork shaft? I see some install a tool steel or larger diameter shaft.

Re: 1066 IH dual disk problem June 08, 2021 05:04AM
Turns out the back disk is marked pressure plate side on the hub side but both hubs are sapose to face forward. Problem solved. Thaks for the help everyone

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009