msd ignition June 20, 2021 03:15PM
I am VERY upset with msd ignition and their tech/service dept.. When you send something to them for repair and it comes back worst then when you sent it, I have a problem with it.

Re: msd ignition June 21, 2021 05:30AM
Not had much luck with MSD fixing something the 1st time.
Be very specific with what it is doing wrong and under what condition it does it.
They've always got it fixed eventually tho.

MSD Ignition June 21, 2021 11:18AM
We sent a 6A in for repair +/- 20 years ago and it was a waste of time and money. It did run after the repair when it would not before, but it wasn't right. For what they charged for the repair, that money would have been better spent toward the new box we had to buy anyway.

Re: msd ignition June 21, 2021 11:56AM
Clark I probably have an e4a mag I'd sell ya lol

Re: msd ignition June 21, 2021 02:27PM
So I called them(msd) today and I was connected to some one that was very arrogant and knew more than me. That person did not EVEN consider what I was trying to tell them what the problem was.

Re: msd ignition June 22, 2021 02:13PM
What other companies are out there ?,that can support a complete ignition

Re: msd ignition June 22, 2021 02:33PM
Ac d19
What other companies are out there ?,that can support a complete ignition

That's a very good question.

Re: msd ignition June 22, 2021 10:43PM
Supertiquer, the better question: What other company is out there that isn't owned by Holley.

Re: msd ignition June 23, 2021 12:48PM
So I found out today that MANY are having problems and it sounds like it's a quality issue. Modifieds and twd trucks were mentioned in a conversation I had with some one today and then later on today I talked with another superstock puller that had an issue with one that only had 15 passes on it. In the first conversation, I was told that John Force racing buys new msd boxes and sends them to a place in NW Ohio to get them "repaired" before they even hit the track. The person did not know the name of the shop that did it for them and suggested I google to try to find out. I have done that and so far have not come up with a name. In the second conversation with a fellow superstock puller, he said he was going to dig into it tonight. If any one else has heard of this and might know the shops name, please post it. I am sure that many fellow pullers would like to know also. I have sent John Force Racing a private message about it on Facebook but they have not responded yet and if they do I will let everyone know.

Thanks,
Clark

Re: msd ignition June 23, 2021 01:38PM
I still have the F4 mag off my ITPA F-30... Should still be pretty hot.... lol To soon?

Re: msd ignition June 23, 2021 01:57PM
Look up electromotion

Re: msd ignition June 23, 2021 02:34PM
Glenn, electromotion or electrimotion?

Re: msd ignition June 24, 2021 01:18AM
It's Electrimotion in Delaware Ohio.. Dave Leahy. Most pro drag teams won't even unbox their stuff until it goes through his shop because 98% of the time MSD is gonna be MSD every time.

Re: msd ignition June 24, 2021 03:04AM
Cleet
It's Electrimotion in Delaware Ohio.. Dave Leahy. Most pro drag teams won't even unbox their stuff until it goes through his shop because 98% of the time MSD is gonna be MSD every time.

Cleet, thank you. That must be the shop as I have looked at their website and MANY top fuel competitors names are on their service orders and new orders list. I have emailed them this morning.

Thanks again.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard