US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 12:33AM
Is there anyway to save our Modified or shall I say get different power plants back involved. Is this something that'll have to happen in the light mod or a whole new class in Champions tour. Nebraska Bush has a nice class in the Midwest. I much prefer watching the Mods across the pond than our own anymore on YouTube and it appears they have quite a few tractors and definitely have a following of fans.

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 03:21AM
It's over, I ust to love the mod classes of all types when there was powerplant variety that could be competitive.im tired of watching hemis.the euro mods are exciting to watch.im a traditional pulling class person.i enjoy the classes that are non component including super farm.i go get a burger when any national mod class is pulling.at one time pulling appeared different from other motorsports that the motor was visible in,now it's just the same,just hemis like ya see everywhere else on the big picture.only way to change is lift all performance restrictions on allisons,wedge heads, turbines,and industrial motors

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 03:42AM
Until the day we host 2 world wars on our soil this discussion is silly. We just don’t have the access these power plants like the Europeans do.

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 06:08AM
We have all the same options... we have pretty easy access to just about anything you'd want to power a Mod here in the states. We don't have a DT466 shortage, but we don't have a Mod class that would allow them to be competitive, Europe does. We don't have an Allison shortage or a shortage of different turbine options, or a shortage of Chevy or Ford wedge engines. I'm sure we could find some crazy old genset engines or some big Cat or Cummins truck/excavator/loader engines to build some crazy combinations. The problem is the rules favor the Hemis and the Hemis are easy and reliable power and parts are very readily available. The Hemi is just a superior platform and the only way anything will change is if they make rules that encourage variety, sadly right now the rules don't.

We've also lost much of our Mad Scientist mentality here in the US. I know there are still some guy out there that are willing to try something way out in left field but it seems to be on the decline. It's expensive and it's hard work. Off-the-shelf parts seem to be more common than fresh of the drawing board parts.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 06:43AM
Hard to not go with a hemi in a mod. No experimenting and broken parts from trying to make a different combo be competitive with today’s hemis. Get hooked up with the right people and it’s a winner right out of the gate vs 1-2 or more years of struggling to figure out something very few or no other people are trying.

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 11:14AM
Since there was teams building v8s for the lss and they were told no for the sake of the class,why not make a mod class that uses the same weight and general rules except no hemis,wouldnt that be for the sake of saving the mod class.current mod guys can go to ppl or lt unlimited.it would be a popular class I bet.

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 11, 2021 03:44PM
So we just came back from an RN hook in Arcola. There was one mod with Ford's, five tractors with Chevy's, one tractor with Turbine's and five tractors with Hemi's. Yes Hemi's won both nights but a three engine Chevy tractor was right there in the mix the second night. The Hemi's that did well are two engines against three wedge style. The three Hemi tractors have to run 37% overdrive on their blowers compared to the Chevy's and Ford's running 70% overdrive.

Two years ago the Turbine's and the Allison's were given more generous rules in an effort to even up the playing field, this allows tractors like the Money Pit to run the RN and I can tell you first hand that they can run with the Hemi's as can a three engine Chevy tractor like the Raptor.

I'm not sure how much you want the Hemi's to give up!? Back a few years ago the ask was to run two Hemi's against three wedge type engines, the rule didn't come to be but most of us dreaded Hemi pullers did that voluntary and that's still not satisfactory? I do get a little tired hearing how horrible the Hemi's are for the mod classes but that might just because I've been working on my junk ass Hemi's all day as I will be for the next two days just so I can keep them at the top of the class!!!

Sorry for the rant, I'm old,cranky and tired!

S'no Farmer

Re: US mod class vs Europe July 13, 2021 02:08PM
I have 9 trips so far over to Europe to watch pulling there, 2003 was the first year, And I did go there for the mod classes and mini pullers, Nothing like here. It is starting to be taken over by the hemis too, But, there still is plenty of different stuff to make it cool. The 2 engine RR griffions on alky are all but done now, and they were the coolest things to see and hear run at full power!! And a Allison mini rod, thats something you will never see here along with the other V-12`s in the class. No limits other than weight there for mini`s. I am glad I made those trips over to see that then, Just like I got to see the mod class here explode in the early 80`s with all the allisons,v-8s and turbines you could put on and make weight with!! Super cool stuff back then. Times are changing.....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,773, Posts: 229,940, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009