Hillsboro charity pull August 16, 2021 07:12AM
Attended Hillsboro for the first time and I must compliment don slama and his entire group on an excellent pull. I attended all three sessions and other than the normal getting the sled set everything ran well.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 16, 2021 04:41PM
The show is always great with a nice pit area and its for a great cause. Parking is absolutely horrible though. Hope something better can be arranged in the future

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 02:19AM
What else are they supposed to do for parking? Seems like a pretty decent setup if you ask me with having the shuttles running.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 04:37AM
Exactly what Grubby suggested. Campers should be in the woods a half mile from the track and let the spectators that drove 8 hours like myself park a decent distance from the event. The bus was a good thing to have no doubt but that doesn't help the fact that it took 45 minutes to move from the parking lot to the road after the pull simply because a one-way-in-one-way-out setup is terrible. For a champions tour event at that kind of venue the parking is definitely lacking.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 05:29AM
Ya park the people who brought their own living arrangements half a mile away.........you are one very considerate individual. Eye Rolling

Maybe just calm down and wait and see what that group does to help your issue. I'm sure that there will be changes next year.

We should all be so lucky to have a pull gather steam such as this one did where you "out grow" the original plan.

Do you suppose Bowling Green or Tomah ever had the same issue? And would you agree they have rectified as best they could to help grow the event? Maybe you've never been and have no idea how this goes?

Have some patience......geez.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 08:00AM
I see nothing wrong with pointing out a problem and then someone offering a solution. Don and the rest of the crew at Hillsboro may already know about the problem and they're working on a solution, but they have about a thousand things going on so they may not know about every issue either. Again, nothing wrong with pointing out an issue and thanks to Grubby or trying to help solve it with his suggestion. I know Don takes all the comments seriously and from what I hear he continues to make the show better each year so I know it won't fall on deaf ears.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 23, 2021 08:08AM
Jake Morgan
I know Don takes all the comments seriously and from what I hear he continues to make the show better each year so I know it won't fall on deaf ears.

Agreed. He appreciates constructive feedback, and he actively solicits it from as many people as he can - fans, pullers, media, etc. He's sought me out on multiple occasions over the last year asking questions about how to handle social media more effectively, if I see areas where things can improve, etc. Me, of all people. I'm just a guy with a camera!

Don was more visible than ever this year, helping guests find what they needed, interacting with fans and pullers, and actively checking in on staffers during the show.

I'm confident that the parking situation will be addressed to the best of his ability for next year.

(And to whomever made the comment about being fortunate enough to have a pull outgrow its boundaries...you're exactly right. What an awesome problem to have!)

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 02:38AM
They could move the camping up to the lot across the road and use that area for parking instead. The sled settings on Friday were a little heavy for a few classes. Lss in particular. Only 1 tractor within 50' of a full pull. Overall it is a good pull, great facility and tough competition.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 02:46AM
[www.winona.edu]

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 17, 2021 10:32AM
All of the campers talk about how well the group at Hillsboro welcome the campers. I have camped there many times and I know our group that stay in my camper spend well over $500 in Hillsboro each weekend we are there. That's just for fuel, beer, food and such. Thats not including what we spend at the pull. Do the math and say there is 100 rv's there, thats an extra $50,000+ coming into the small town of Hillsboro just from the campers.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 23, 2021 08:10AM
MN Fan
All of the campers talk about how well the group at Hillsboro welcome the campers. I have camped there many times and I know our group that stay in my camper spend well over $500 in Hillsboro each weekend we are there. That's just for fuel, beer, food and such. Thats not including what we spend at the pull. Do the math and say there is 100 rv's there, thats an extra $50,000+ coming into the small town of Hillsboro just from the campers.

Not just you guys in the campers, either. Guys like me, Yaron, Zoellick, and hundreds of fans from around the area who drop a few hundred bucks while we're there, too!

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 23, 2021 12:13PM
The campers don't have to get their kids home or go to work/do chores the next morning. All they have to do is walk to their camper. Leave the campers on the trackside portion by the river across the driveway and have extra camping up top. Use the camping spot closest to the track for cars/trucks and have overflow up top. This will encourage people to get their earlier and spend more money. The campers by the track were a huge waste of space this year. They could have easily fit twice as many in that area if they weren't all so spread out.

Re: Hillsboro charity pull August 23, 2021 02:53PM
Grubby
They where all spread out because there were places that where to wet to walk, much less park anything on. If it was dry enough all the pullers in the high school parking lot would of been parked in the grass to. Mother nature won out again.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520