Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 22, 2021 11:36AM
Diesel truck breaks incident @ PPL Shelbyville, KY

Video link above. Appears nobody was hurt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 11:40AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 22, 2021 02:23PM
Very lucky no one got hurt

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 23, 2021 12:02AM
Glad no one was hurt. I’m also glad to see that the PPL second chain did it’s job and didn’t break

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 25, 2021 06:37PM
theRightRearTire183
Glad no one was hurt. I’m also glad to see that the PPL second chain did it’s job and didn’t break

It technically didn't do its job. It bounced and fell out of the safety hitch. That hitch was still on the truck. The primary hitch wasn't.

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 26, 2021 02:59PM
Arthur, I think he was being sarcastic. Lol

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 23, 2021 11:34AM
That gal with the pony tail running away seems to have a special shirt on - and running away , gotta laugh

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 23, 2021 12:04PM
Reggie…… try watching the video and this time pay a little bit of attention. You will see she ran around the front of the trailer to check on the folks up there then ran down to the front of the truck while on her headset getting help. Reggie you can issue an apology after watching the video again, maybe a few times…..

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 23, 2021 12:41PM
Yep, that's an awesome flagger/event manager!
I trust my life to the decisions she makes!
Lots of good folks were working that event.
I'm proud of her actions, and the care and attention she had.
Excellent situational awareness.

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 23, 2021 02:08PM
That “lady” was running to check on the person running laser who was knocked off the trailer and later transported out by ambulance. She did her job & did it well, so go fly a kite Reggie!

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 24, 2021 06:06AM
Reggie you do owe her an apology. I have worked with the girl with a ponytail before as a finish line flagman. Had a blower belt drive pull come off an unlimited mod It almost hit me bounced off the track, went up a banner and into the crowd where it struck a lady. The girl with the pony tail was over the barriers and into the crowd before the mod came to a stop. Her concern was for the people who may have been hurt. If there’s trouble you will see her running towards it not away. Yep you owe her an apology

Re: Runaway diesel truck @ PPL pull last weekend August 25, 2021 09:16AM
Oh wow ! Wife said wheres she going !?? Guess she was running to check on stuff and people - deepests apologies- it is good to see gals in the pulling world

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason