No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 01:21AM
I was just filling out the NTPA survey and one of the rule suggestions was to get rid of water and fuel testing for light pro. I am a little confused because wouldn't this encourage people to add nitro and other long time banned substances in the water and fuel? I understand many of the water and fuel tests can be inconsistent but I think this may be a bit extreme and (in my opinion) could make cheating run rampant and make the breakage problem even worse. Just my 0.02 but what does everyone else think?

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 08:51AM
Seems like a terrible idea to me. Never, ever, ever tell competitors your not testing something.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 11:57AM
First of all you don’t not understand the rule .the reason it was proposed to get rid of both of them is because the testing is in accurate it’s still Would keep nitrous out read the rulebook. And since you dick Morgan and this other guy know nothing about motors if you want to put a bunch of hot stuff in your fuel and then your water all you’re gonna do is melt it down and it won’t give you much more than 100 hp and if you don’t have a good parts to go with it anyway it will not help.

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 01:03PM
The elimination of fuel and water testing would be asinine.
The reason light pro want it eliminated is because they flunked out of the super farm/limited pro stock chemist class.
ALL the grease burning limited classes are now a class of chemists. The best chemist, that can stay within the easily understood limits, wins.
PERIOD.
Why do you think the busiest tech official is the poor person that has to test the fuel before the "chemist classes" starts?
They even have to hear more whining than the entry clerks.

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 01:16PM
Light pro puller, thanks for responding and I didn’t intend to offend the people who came up with the rule or someone like you who supports it. I just wanted to hear the pros of the rule before sending in my survey. I understand that Nitrous will not be legal but how could you tell if someone put nitro(commonly used in the late 70s early 80s in tractor pulling) in the fuel. From what I have heard, there is a big difference in power but I do not have dyno numbers to prove it as it has been illegal for many years and therefore we have not tried it out yet. Unless someone has some real good evidence for why we need to let nitro/ any other hot fuel additive into light pro, I feel like this needs to be vote as a no. Lemme hear what you think as I would like to hear some good evidence other than someone throwing around insults and saying that we don’t know anything about motors.

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 02:49PM
Actual light pro puller
First of all you don’t not understand the rule .the reason it was proposed to get rid of both of them is because the testing is in accurate it’s still Would keep nitrous out read the rulebook. And since you dick Morgan and this other guy know nothing about motors if you want to put a bunch of hot stuff in your fuel and then your water all you’re gonna do is melt it down and it won’t give you much more than 100 hp and if you don’t have a good parts to go with it anyway it will not help.

First - I'm Jake.
Second, I understand exactly why the rule was suggested, because some guys tested outside the stated standards for one reason or another.
Third - If the testing is not accurate, then come up with a test that is or come up with a standardized fuel and water that eliminates testing.
Fourth - Maybe it will melt stuff down. Has that ever stopped a cheater from cheating before? I don't think so.
Fifth - Allowing it to be a wild west free for all seems like a terrible rule. Yes nitrous or nitro methane would still be illegal, but what would be the mechanism for stopping guys from using it?
Sixth - If doctoring fuel doesn't work then why have so many guys done it over the years? If fuel doesn't matter then why do guys spend so much per gallon to buy certain fuels?
Seventh - How do you know it will only give you 100 HP? Have you dynoed ALL the illegal fuels? If so my first question would be... Why? Where you planning on cheating? Then I'd say there are probably about 1 trillion chemical combinations out there that you haven't tired and maybe, just maybe one of them would give you 500 HP or 800 HP and your motor might actually like it and live... so what then?

Fuel testing may be flawed and it may have problems but there are much better solutions other than throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 02:52PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: No water or fuel testing for light pro? September 13, 2021 01:48PM
You can run B100 you can run VP you can run Shied. You can put as much cents every boost you want to add. End result minimum to moderate power gains at best. This is what gets tested. Now go get yourself some power mist which some are mixing up to 25% or higher with Bio fuel. HP gains can be into the hundreds. I have personally seen it. So how do you EASILY test for oxygenators.. the normal testing is not picking it up. Not saying I agree with not testing just what would you have them do? Check oil now. What’s the limit there? Fuel has gotten out of control since not being capped at 50 or 60 cetane

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM