Best pulls no longer around February 26, 2022 04:50PM
Here is a top 10 list of pulls that no longer exist. Some of these can not return due to venue no longer exists. Perhaps others will come back someday.

In no particular order:
1) Indy Super Pull (will never happen again indoors- coliseum redesigned and no longer able to have a pull.)
2) Pontiac Silverdome (blown up)
3) Macon, MO
4) Elkhorn, WI
5) Hildreth, NE
6) Tanner, AL
7) Ohio State Fair
8) New York State Fair
9) Ft Worth, TX (big Indoor pull back in the '70s that went with an ag show)
10) Galax, VA

What other pulls do you remember that are no longer around?

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 26, 2022 10:48PM
Elkhorn, WI is still around maybe just not as big as it used to be

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 05, 2022 12:08AM
Dekalb Super Pull Eaton OH indoors.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 26, 2022 11:02PM
Erie County Fair Hamburg, NY

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 01:23AM
Hinton Ia. they should have charged by the weight of your cooler.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 02:15AM
Macon Mo had great pull last year. Thanks Outlaws

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 04:15AM
As crazy as this sounds,j miss the 80s arena pulls.at t hff at time I thought monster trucks and ex vehicles were cool then I hated them for 35 years,now looking back on that era vs today I can see where they did draw people and have a following.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 03:51AM
I'm from Nebraska and used to go to the pull in Hildreth and passed through Hildreth bar on Friday night and talked to a guy about the grand national pulls and was sad to see it leave the town 30ish years ago, I saw a couple old flyers on the wall, but didn't have the year on it. It was truly a great pull in Nebraska. Darin

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 05:27AM
I was spoiled. Here was my schedule in the 80’s. Davenport, end of June, elkhorn, the next weekend on the 4th of July weekend. Then on to tomah the weekend after that. Also had regional pull in Morris Illinois mixed in during the week that was like a GN pull due the pullers staying in the area for the other 3 pulls.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 05:29AM
Macon does have a pull, but it is a far cry from the 3 session NTPA "Show-Me Showdown" of the late 80's/ early 90's. I would love to see this pull returned to its former glory.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 01:49AM
Same with Bethany. FAR cry from the co-sanctioned (Iowa and Missouri) pulls in the '70's.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 07:15AM
There were more people waitin in line at the restrooms at Hinton Iowa than there were all together at alot of pulls!

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 27, 2022 08:08AM
Inwood Ontario. Next to Chapel Hill, TN best pull of the year back when.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 01:54AM
Cayuga, Ontario at the Speedway was a Grand National (GN) that the Midwest pullers always enjoyed coming to, just like Inwood's Twin Creek pull.
Hamburg, NY. Fisherville, VA. Both were also very well attended GN's.
New Hampton, IA. Another great facility built specifically for pulling. Be nice if pulling fever could be resurrected there.
Is Ste. Hyacinthe, Quebec still having its big pull?

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 03:02AM
Stacy
I was spoiled. Here was my schedule in the 80’s. Davenport, end of June, elkhorn, the next weekend on the 4th of July weekend. Then on to tomah the weekend after that. Also had regional pull in Morris Illinois mixed in during the week that was like a GN pull due the pullers staying in the area for the other 3 pulls.

Davenport, IA has had an ECIPA pull in June the past few years, believe we're going on year #6-7 now.

Dave Dann
Cayuga, Ontario at the Speedway was a Grand National (GN) that the Midwest pullers always enjoyed coming to, just like Inwood's Twin Creek pull.
Hamburg, NY. Fisherville, VA. Both were also very well attended GN's.
New Hampton, IA. Another great facility built specifically for pulling. Be nice if pulling fever could be resurrected there.
Is Ste. Hyacinthe, Quebec still having its big pull?

New Hampton has had a pull the past few years, just a smaller charity brush pull though.

---

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 05:38AM
Albert Lea, MN used to have a heck of a good NTPA pull every year at the fair but have had nothing for motorsports ( other then a demo derby ) for several years now

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 05:40AM
Worthington,MN

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 09:13AM
Richfield Colliseium near Cleveland had some good pulls.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 10:47AM
Contoocook NH, Essex Junction, Teays Valley, Tulsa 1 year

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 11:59AM
Ohio State Fair

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 11:58PM
bbailey
Ohio State Fair

I'll second that , and it's close to home......lol.....I live in Ohio, so......

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 01, 2022 02:54AM
So the question is, where was your favorite track location at the Ohio State Fair? I don't remember if actual track was any good but for watching I kind of liked the north track near where the soccer stadium is now.

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 01, 2022 03:13AM
I liked the old old location on back side of racetrack before moving to north track and then back to area by McDonalds.

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 01, 2022 03:34AM
I definitely preferred the old site

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 01, 2022 01:22PM
The Indiana State Fair used to have a dedicated tractor pull strip. Now it's a kiddie area.

When they have outdoor pulls, it's at the big grandstand.
I preferred the original track. Lots of memories.

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 01, 2022 02:20PM
Indiana State fair had antiques there at that facility, pulled there several times. Hot as hades lol

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 10:55AM
Plainville In. Lions Club. Great memories from the 70s and 80s.

Re: Best pulls no longer around February 28, 2022 11:17AM
Every small town pull Dad, my late uncle Dave and I went to all over Illinois and Indiana back in the '80s. Carl Downs knows what I mean. Lol

Re: Best pulls no longer around March 03, 2022 12:55AM
Galax, VA

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520