Interesting comment from Bill Bader (Norwalk & Bowling Green) July 13, 2022 07:38AM
Copied and pasted from the interview on the PPL site. Emphasis on one line from this paragraph:

THE INAUGURAL WORLD SERIES OF PULLING PRESENTED BY OHIO CAT IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EVENTS AT SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO INTRODUCE IT TO AN ESTABLISHED AND PROVEN PROGRAM?

"During the pandemic of 2020, I had plenty of time to think about my life choices and my facility, and I recognized the fact that our racetrack is a stage, and that it didn’t necessarily have to have race cars on it all of the time. We have 30,000 seats, concert-quality sound and Musco lighting. I started to look at our family business differently, and I became open to various possibilities. I received a call in 2021 from Bowling Green, Ohio, and they were looking at the potential of relocating a tractor pull from Wood County Fairgrounds since they were reaching the end of their agreement, and wanted to know if we had any land available. I did, though I suggested we could put dirt on the track and told them we had everything they would need. The concept then became shared, apparently, because I received a call from Mike Ott, Director of Championship Pulling with MAC Trailer, and Mike Conny, President of MAC Trailer, and we talked about my vision for putting dirt on our track and presenting the event on our quarter-mile, and that’s where it all began."

I had heard a possible rumor of Wood Co. selling the fairgrounds to NWOTPA. The comment is interesting and it would be cool to see NTPC at a venue more geared to the event, and with adequate pit parking within the facility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2022 07:39AM by The Original Michael.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,766, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason