Norwalk canceled for Saturday July 23, 2022 04:46AM
To much rain

Re: Norwalk canceled for Saturday July 23, 2022 06:02AM
Unfortunately the insurance will probably pay more than the gate would have. Hopefully they will try to have it again next year.

Re: Norwalk canceled for Saturday July 23, 2022 06:07AM
I am not trying to stir anything here, but as a long-time fan of pulling I ask this honest question. For "big" events like this, as well as BG, Tomah, Rockwell, etc, why don't they cover the tracks during the rain. like baseball does, and greatly reduce the time & effort it would take to get the track ready to go for puliing. It seems like a relatively small investment considering even just the fuel it takes to grade 8-12" of clay off of the track.

Two reasons I have always heard are: 1) The fans won't come if rain threatens (that may be valid for this pull because they were very few fans there anyways). 2) The pits/staging are too muddy to move vehicles around (this was the case at Chapel Hill & Rockwell recently). At this event, the pits/staging are paved!

I've been to many Grand National pulls were the track prep could have been greaty reduced if covered, or they could have avoided cancelling sessions. Thoughts?

Bill Bader Jr. July 23, 2022 07:02AM
I have never met him before but he seems like a great guy! I feel really bad for the lack of attendance on Thursday and Friday however he seems like the one to learn from this year and give it a go next year! I however was NEVER expecting to get a refund for today’s(Saturday) ticket! As my wife and I sat in our car during the rain and watched people buy tickets and enter the gate I said to her, “I can’t believe they are letting fans in or selling tickets with the unknown”! Obviously everybody knew what would happen. Thanks to SMP for a great couple of days! We will definitely be back!!

Re: Bill Bader Jr. July 24, 2022 10:41AM
I hope this event gets another try next year. Such a great facility for an event. Pulling track was well constructed and gave everyone a pretty fair shot from first hook to final hook. The presentation to Ken Veney “The Man” was pretty awesome…. Great fireworks show, great concessions, perfect seating so you can see the action from about anywhere there.
They’ll learn from this weekend, I’m sure. Do they need to allow for separate session ticketing? Or have a prorated ticket if you arrive for late session? Probably. But I’m all in for next year if they decide to go at it again. You can tell this great has vision for future pulling events. I just hope they can continue to stick it out all the way.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms