Gem of Waterloo IL July 30, 2022 06:38PM
Little back story. Last year dad, son, friend and myself went to a Missouri pull. Walked the pits, after we had to sneak into them. Went for the PPL Western Series classes, mostly for LSS. Discovered numbers were pretty low, and they only had (1) LSS in house. Made a snap and/or hard core decision to leave and drove to Waterloo, Illinois.

Wow what a great decision we made. Last year we missed the first (3) classes and still saw a pretty legit show.

Now this year, we drove over to Waterloo, no pit stops at other fairs. Wow, Monroe County didn't disappoint. For a "State association" ITPA always has a good show. They seem to better themselves when they put their higher classes together like Waterloo.

This show was a (1) track, (7) classes. There was the perfect mixture of quality and quantity. Would highly recommend this pull.

Drove (1) hour and (20) minutes....will continue to do so until their fair doesn't happen. This was their (75) year anniversary.

Re: Gem of Waterloo IL July 30, 2022 07:23PM
I believe I talked to you in line for food. Thanks for the kind words about my county fair.

Re: Gem of Waterloo IL August 01, 2022 03:42AM
Waterloo is one of my favorite Pulls! Good track, Great Folks, Great Competition, and get to see all of my Customers from that association that I don't get to Pull with much. The crowd is huge, the food is awesome, had Live Music, which we TWD Guys ruined for them, LOL, but its a absolute place you gotta go Pull at some point! I am usually a points chaser, but I am having the time of my life just going wherever we want to to Pull this year! Hopefully we can be at Waterloo again next Year, and thanks Guys for the Awesome Purse!

BB

Re: Gem of Waterloo IL August 01, 2022 03:55AM
I posted on the other thread for this pull but I'll say it here too. I made the trek to Waterloo for the first time ever. I was garden tractor pulling that morning west of St. Louis and was tired, but wanted to take in a big pull with my local one being rained out the night previous so I made the 1 hour plus drive over and it was one of the best single track pulls I've ever attended. ITPA put on a fantastic show, and there were plenty of great food options and the grandstands had fantastic seating all around. Great announcing, great equipment on display, and fun pits to walk through. This was such an awesome show! It felt like whomever was putting this on REALLY knew what they were doing.

Well worth the drive. I look forward to attending this fair in the future. If you are near the St. Louis, MO metro area, this is one to attend. Bring a non-pulling fan to it like I did- this is the kind of pull you want someone's first experience to be!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,691, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard