Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? June 10, 2022 05:54AM
Are any Canadian pullers planning on running at Bowling Green this year.

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? June 14, 2022 11:00PM
It would be cool if Orville went to show-off his " Honest Pride"

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? June 15, 2022 09:04AM
Don’t know about pullers, but it sounds like a bunch of the fans are coming.

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 08, 2022 10:32AM
Chance McGrath- Last Chance 2, heavy pro
Liam Fulmore- lethal threat, fwd
Only two I know of forsure here on the east coast.
Possibly Steve lagrange with the gambler(ex cp dream1)

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 07, 2022 01:44AM
The only Canadian puller I can recall running in the US this year is David Lacey with the two minis.

In 2019 at Bowling Green, in TWD Tom Larue, Doug Stutt, Amber Taylor, Jon Van Horne, and Elliott Feringo ran.
In FWD, Liam Fulmore ran (Donald Labonte has passed, but I believe someone is running his truck in Quebec).
In SF, Orville Couture, Jason Podolinski, and Bill Wright ran.
In Mods, Rod Cochrane ran (Barb Cochrane did not, but she has ran her TWD in Ontario this year).
In PS, Chance McGrath ran.
In Mini, Butch Poland, Ryan Morrison, Dean Morrison, and Francis Major ran.

We're two weeks away. Does anyone know of Canadian pullers who have said they're coming?

Beaudry has ran in the past and has been mentioned in another thread, but no clue if he will cross the border.

And, as with most things in life, politics ruins everything. I believe (not positive) that Canadians driving over the border must be fully vaccinated even though at this point it's just virtue-signaling theater (hypocritically, illegals coming through Mexico are not. A certain group who use the jackass donkey as their symbol seem to turn a blind eye to that).

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2022 02:05AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 07, 2022 04:20AM
Canadian fans will be there in full force I’m sure. We’re starved for this event.

As for pullers, that is more complicated. If I had to guess, there will not be as many participating as previous years. The reasons are many and complicated. Time will tell.

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 07, 2022 03:26PM
Only jabbed Canadians can cross the border - so good chance some still may not be there this time…..

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 08, 2022 07:27AM
At most pulls I'm against pulloffs because they cause extra breakage for the pullers.

However, at BG, the pull widely regarded as the Super Bowl of pulling, I think pulloffs add to the show. As a puller you're tuning things at BG with the idea that you're going for broke. It also helps that the classes are larger and allow the engines to cool down a bit more than normal.

Now I would put a major asterisk on this that if BG plans to do pulloffs then set the sled in a fashion that you've got 2-4 tractors making the pulloff. Nobody wants to see 40 TWD trucks in a pulloff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2022 07:28AM by BrandonA.

Re: Canadian pullers at Bowling Green this year? August 08, 2022 09:46AM
BrandonA
Now I would put a major asterisk on this that if BG plans to do pulloffs then set the sled in a fashion that you've got 2-4 tractors making the pulloff. Nobody wants to see 40 TWD trucks in a pulloff

I didn’t even want to see 17 Pro Stocks in a pull-off that one year. A third of any class is no bueno for me.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Pulloffs at BG August 09, 2022 04:51AM
Agreed. No class should have a 1/3 of the pullers make a pulloff. 2-5 tractors/trucks is the optimal number. Heck I'd even be fine with saying okay we're going to have a floating finish but the top 5 tractors will then come back for a pulloff. Would make a class of 50 pro stocks for example have a more dramatic finish.

Also to my knowledge this is an idea that hasn't been proposed on here, or at least not often. Again I wouldn't support it at most pulls but at BG where you claim to be at the Super Bowl of pulling, I think most pullers would be okay will another run down the track, the fans certainly would be in favor.

Re: Pulloffs at BG August 09, 2022 08:04AM
I understand why you don’t do pulloffs every weekend…

But it’s an it’s an easy fix for BG or other super-national level events…just go back to the top 3 “bump” rule the NTPA used to use. Even say it’s only for classes of 20+ entries or something if you don’t want pull offs for every class. Makes it a boring class if hook #1 in a class of 30+ vehicles sets a distance that no one else gets to (cool pan, maybe the track goes away, or whatever).

Give yourself a 50’ window to get them stopped…top 3 in the 300’-350’ window come back; all over 350’ guaranteed a spot. Then hook #3 can come back to face off against hook #37 (etc) on the same track for the win. Much better product for the fans at an event with larger numbers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason