Best Head Gasket August 10, 2022 08:41AM
What's the best head gasket to use on my 1066 pulling tractor? Some say copper but want to know what you folks think and where to purchase one.

Thank you for now.

Re: Best Head Gasket August 10, 2022 12:47PM
Stock gasket with fire ring works well, I never used a copper gasket on my tractor, but a friend do, looks like a little bit touchy. Some people use copper spray other use right stuff. Antech Wire Edm Inc in Ontario makes them. Good luck!

Re: Best Head Gasket August 10, 2022 03:02PM
Give me a call I can fix you up 905 809-9666

Re: Best Head Gasket August 11, 2022 12:23AM
I'm not sure what class this is for but if you are making any power at all you will need fire/compression rings. The best are "c" rings, expensive but the best. Copper rings are cheaper and work Okay as well. Once the compression is sealed up all your gasket is doing is sealing off oil and water. We use Hypers felpro gasket. I'm sure stock would work okay as well.

If you are doing all of that you should think about head studs also...

Re: Best Head Gasket August 11, 2022 01:17AM
Hypermax used to make a good head gasket and fire ring setup, inexpensive and works well

Re: Best Head Gasket August 11, 2022 04:36AM
Did a search awhile back and stumbled upon this in a thread here

[www.pulloff.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard