Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 08:41AM
Here's the scenario... You're staged near the left sideline. The tractor hooks to the left out of the hole and you get out of the throttle while still inbounds... the tractor coasts to a stop before the 100' marker but it rolls over the chalkline well after you got off the throttle... Should that be a DQ?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 09:12AM
I wouldn't think that should be grounds for a dq and I would bet if it was one of the NTPA regulars they wouldn't have been dq'd.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 09:27AM
Sounds like a pretty straightforward DQ to me. Don’t think it matters whether the tractor was under power or not at the time it goes out of bounds.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 10:47AM
2022 NTPA rulebook section XXIV.B.19 (page 92) states any disqualification on the first attempt bars a second attempt.

Section XXV.A.1.b (page 95) Causes for Disqualification states vehicle will receive hook and last place points when, while under the green flag...goes out of bounds.

Therefore, the NTPA made the correct decision in accordance with the rulebook.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 20, 2022 01:22AM
DQ'ed
2022 NTPA rulebook section XXIV.B.19 (page 92) states any disqualification on the first attempt bars a second attempt.

Section XXV.A.1.b (page 95) Causes for Disqualification states vehicle will receive hook and last place points when, while under the green flag...goes out of bounds.

Therefore, the NTPA made the correct decision in accordance with the rulebook.

Clearly this rule means nothing since Patrick Gentry and River Rat got DQ'd as test puller and dropped to the bottom of the class.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 20, 2022 02:33AM
Gentry was test hook and is allowed to come back...Shelton threw a fit when NTPA Officials RIGHTFULLY DQ’d him. He went out of bounds...doesn’t matter that he got out of it before the shutdown point...he still went OB.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 01:31PM
I personally think in this day and age that the TEST HOOK is the stupidest rule still around! The sled guys are usually spot on hook and pull it and see where you end up if you go OB you are DQ just like the 2nd guy 3rd guy etc etc

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 12:47PM
Just watched the exact same scenario with Larry Peterson and the ProFab truck on tue north track but no DQ... Just a quick rehook.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 01:00PM
Haha wild that it happened again and opposite results. I don’t agree with the rule fyi. And I had no idea that if you are first hook and go out of bounds you can’t drop. That’s dumb

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 01:03PM
But wait river rat went out of bounds first hook and dropped tonight…

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 01:17PM
You can drop first hook even if you dq, that’s an advantage of being first I if there’s such a thing.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 19, 2022 01:18PM
You can go out on the test hook and repull, thats the only time it can be done unless they start the class over.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 20, 2022 03:23AM
The rule is a 'gray' area and also can be considered 'discrimination'. Yes, I just pulled out my rulebook and read the whole section.

'Gray' area: Since Shelton backed out of throttle, "while still inbounds", is that really considered "while under the green flag"????
I say it is not. So what if he coasted to infringing upon the white line. The tractor was not powered up at such point.
Does the video prove he was still under the green flag when crossing the white line?
Incidentally, who were starting and finish flag persons on that track?

'Discrimination': ProFab is a NTPA circuit sponsor. Shelton is not. $$$$ talk.
And to compound the situation, Richwine does Not like a former NTPA puller, who has turned to literally an exclusive PPL puller, to occasionally come back to
any select 'big' NTPA pull to compete. If you don't believe it, go talk to said effected pullers. Very interesting what they have to say about Richwine's 'language wrath'.
I also know it first hand. And 'language wrath' is in that section of the rulebook for disqualification. But obviously does not apply to the Head Tech Official.
Just another reason why his contract should not be renewed (it is up for renewal) after the conclusion of the 2022 pulling season.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 20, 2022 03:59AM
We have been aware of situations in all of Life where some people in positions of control and Power, - make some questionable discussions.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 20, 2022 10:44AM
Just keep it off the chaulk and there is no issues!! And knowing the rules helps too......

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 22, 2022 09:13AM
I've seen weights fall off back to back classes one gets dq'd other flagman rehangs weight no penalty. Welcome to sandbox pulling 2022.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 21, 2022 12:26PM
Jake.

Not to sway the original post but are you planning on posting your coverage from the event on your website like in years past? Thanks!

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 21, 2022 01:44PM
I believe the issue was he apparently got pushed out of bounds by the sled. I don’t know either way for sure….

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 22, 2022 10:57AM
did anyone see the blowby tube come off a mini in the second session and not get a dq?; i may have been seeing things but if you drop a part on track its a dq right?

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 22, 2022 11:21AM
Guess it depends on if you classify it coming off as “breakage” or not.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 22, 2022 03:04PM
Page 95
XXB. CAUSES FOR DISQUALIFICATION
A.
1. While undet the green flag:
a. Loses ballast weight.
b. Goes out of bounds
c. Loses safety equipment and failure of safety equipment to function.
NOTE: Header pipe or pipes falling onto track shall NOT be grounds for disqualification. But this does not apply to a turbocharger exhaust pipe.
d. Excessive loss of liquid onto track by pulling vehicle while hooked to the sled.

For some reason I usually put out the red flag, when flagging at 100' and puller obviously gets out of throttle. So in that case, Sheltons would have been fine, but if the 100' flagger didn't/doesn't do that, the correct call was made.
A blowby tube falling on the track isn't (in my opinion), safety equipment, so the correct call was made there as well.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 23, 2022 01:17AM
Test puller Can go out of bounds and return to rehook. Only exception to OB rules.

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 23, 2022 02:27AM
Correct Doc, thank you for the clarification!

Re: Did the Shelton's get shafted? August 24, 2022 05:01AM
its all about who you know or how much butt you kiss as to how you get treated in pulling.If the track guy or sled guy doesnt like you you wont get a fair shake. simple

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro