Propane… September 07, 2022 01:31PM
So I’ve went to this forum for the past couple years for some useful information and really appreciate the posts, information, etc everybody shares on here as I just dabble in in the farm pulls some with our old feedlot tractors and have learned ALOT- so first off- that is appreciated and thank you everybody for keeping this forum and website going. So, as the pulling season winds down in the upper Midwest, a friend and I were talking about some different pulling tractors that guys get to run, some tractors that just don’t hook very well, and some tractors that are kinda like fleas on a lost dog. In the northern states, we don’t have much for LP tractors- Hence they don’t pull around here, but you used to see guys pulling propane Minneapolis’s in the south, etc. I’ve gained a lot of experience pulling diesels and have a pretty good grasp on combinations that work etc…. But- switch it up once, southerners pipe up if you will…. What did the old guys that pulled the Propane Minnie’s do to get those tractors to run? I mean really. I’m not asking to sound dumb, we just don’t have many in the north.. a diesel, we play with pumps, lines, injectors, turbos, etc… but how do you guys make a propane engine run? There just seems like there not much that can be done there. Anyways, for what it’s worth, and hopefully worth the discussion, just always learning and learning about the past and the history of our sport. Thank you!

Re: Propane… September 08, 2022 12:49AM
same equation - more boost and then add more fuel to match it. i dont know if there are propane additives like diesels run. I assume they might have detonation problems at high boost and i dont know if they can add water injection to counteract it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,648, Posts: 229,717, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520