Whats the point? December 08, 2022 07:37AM
I've been thinking lately if i had the opportunity to build a bigger pulling tractor, would i build a light pro, 4.1 limited pro, or a super farm. At first i was thinking of either a 4.1 or a light pro but in reality super farm is by far the best decision, and heres why. Super farms are a grand national class and are at just about every big pull. They don't seem to have as nearly the amount of breakage as the other classes. And the cost to build one would be cheaper. I know they dont have as much hp as the light pro or 4.1s but with all of these reasons otherwise I'd say itd be much worth it to build a super farm over a 4.1 or a light pro. I've also heard rumors that ppl is dropping the silver series, so with that being said the 4.1s and light pros wont have a national series to campaign in anymore. I also cant imagine how frustrating it must be for a puller to spend over a $100,000 in a pulling tractor and it still doesn't have a place at bowling green. Maybe the pulling world would be a better place without so many classes and maybe its time to combine these three classes together and make it one. Allow the 540s to have coolers and 640s no coolers. Yeah there would be alot of super farms in a class but the class could be broke down into multiple flights then have a championship class of them pull at the last session of the event. Just my thoughts, I'm curious to what others think about this topic, why did pullers build a 4.1 or light pro over a super farm?

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 08:15AM
I couldn't agree more with the idea that there is a certain level of limited HP hooded tractors that have huge numbers. While I realize that the SF class is not loved universally, it is a class, along with the Lt. PS and Limited PS that are the backbone of state and regional pulling in the tractor classes. Pulling is built on state and regional shows. This is not to discount PS. LSS. OSS and DSS importance to pulling rather to recognize a large section of pulling.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 08:39AM
The problem with combining the 3 classes with what you proposed is --- Who's going to check cubic inch limits--- I've been pulling since 1984 at all levels and have yet to see cubic inches checked on a annual basis, the honor system is a joke !!! FYI --- as the OP stated about pullers having a hundred grand in their tractors and not a class at Bowling Green,there's several LLSS that are a hundred grand and don't have a class at Bowling Green !!!!

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 11:04AM
with super farms being at 640 along with the I'm pro, what about letting the SF run a 3.6 smooth bore with a cooler, along with the lim pros at 4.1 with no cooler...then you have the lite pros running 540 open charger. I'm not sure what the HP numbers would be but may work.

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 11:58AM
Obviously thinking… has no clue of Lt pro horsepower numbers so that’s not going to work. Also correct me if I’m wrong but cost of building would basically be the same for all classes. All are deck plated and girdled Full of billet parts front to back. Same big P pumps and turbos probably similar in cost

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 12:44PM
Even though the motors are built the same the light pro or 4.1 could gernade the motor at anytime unlike a super farm, a super farm will run for seasons without wrecking anything major. The cost of super farm turbo is around $6,000 the cost of a 4.1 charger is atleast $10,000 and I'm sure a light pro turbo isn't any cheaper than $10,000.

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 02:03PM
Obviously Tractor boy hasn’t bought any turbos

Re: Whats the point? December 08, 2022 11:42PM
The price point quoted for turbos by Tractor Boy is completely valid.

You can spend more, or you can spend less.

The price points described will get you well into the mix for the given application.

Re: Whats the point? December 09, 2022 01:19AM
A Colberg superfarm turbo costs more then a new Wimer or Harts 4.1 or 4.8-4.9 which is in the 6k range

Re: Whats the point? December 12, 2022 06:20AM
Tractor Boy
I've been thinking lately if i had the opportunity to build a bigger pulling tractor, would i build a light pro, 4.1 limited pro, or a super farm. At first i was thinking of either a 4.1 or a light pro but in reality super farm is by far the best decision, and heres why. Super farms are a grand national class and are at just about every big pull. They don't seem to have as nearly the amount of breakage as the other classes. And the cost to build one would be cheaper. I know they dont have as much hp as the light pro or 4.1s but with all of these reasons otherwise I'd say itd be much worth it to build a super farm over a 4.1 or a light pro. I've also heard rumors that ppl is dropping the silver series, so with that being said the 4.1s and light pros wont have a national series to campaign in anymore. I also cant imagine how frustrating it must be for a puller to spend over a $100,000 in a pulling tractor and it still doesn't have a place at bowling green. Maybe the pulling world would be a better place without so many classes and maybe its time to combine these three classes together and make it one. Allow the 540s to have coolers and 640s no coolers. Yeah, there would be alot of super farms in a class but the class could be broke down into multiple flights then have a championship class of them pull at the last session of the event. Just my thoughts, I'm curious to what others think about this topic, why did pullers build a 4.1 or light pro over a super farm?

I agree with everything you have said, except for one point. NEVER COMBINE CLASSES! They each have their own class for a reason. If you watch the light pro/super farm combo class with FPP, almost the whole time the light pros win. I don't care if those light pros run an "A-pump", the class is unfair. Also, don't combine the limited pros and super farms either. Don't even combine a super farm and a hot farm. Yes, there are too many classes, and some need to be eliminated. We have our own super farm, and are happy with the class the way it is.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,759, Posts: 229,920, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM