Silver Streak? December 18, 2009 09:35AM
Does anyone remember the old Silver Streak White Light Super tractor from Iowa? I was looking at the pullingdepot.com video of Akron? and it showed a White called Silver Streak. Not sure if it is the same one or not. The one I remember I believe won Louisville in 81 or 82. Always ran good............

Re: Silver Streak? December 18, 2009 09:44AM
Would this have been the tractor of Ed and Arlo Driesen? It was a good runner, they pulled alot with the ITPA back in its hay day,

Re: Silver Streak? December 18, 2009 10:30AM
Yes,it was the Driesens 2-70 White.I saw it pull quite a few times.Good running tractor.

Re: Silver Streak? December 18, 2009 01:06PM
The tractor is still owned by next generation of Driesen family.

Re: Silver Streak? December 19, 2009 12:03AM
where does it pull at?

Re: Silver Streak? December 19, 2009 11:12AM
I seen it pull in Rock Valley at the Great Plains Pull in 2008 and then it showed up in Ireton and Akron Iowa at an unsanctioned outfit with 20.8 tires on it.

Re: Silver Streak? December 19, 2009 01:02AM
They were one of the finest family's ever involved in pulling,they loved the sport,they were good to everyone and would visit at any time.

Re: Silver Streak? December 20, 2009 10:48AM
Hello this is the owner of the White. Ive 23 years old and been pulling since 9 years old. Its still on the track. It sat around for 10 years. Im pulling Eds Super 88 and got two other Oliver Super 88 and we have a Super 88 thats out in Wisconsin thats runs hard as well.. Back to the WHITE, as i was a young boy i would go with my dad would watch the 2-70 run and than as i got older I told the family that sum day I want to be the one that wrenches and pulls it. I got it running but with Ed not around and the little INFO that Arlo gave me its a hard thing to understand y this is that way and the reasons for this and Y it wont run as good at other days on the track but im starting to understand the bugs that I have in it and so yes. This past season i got to have it out couple times. Ireton it ran HARD and than headed down to AKRON IA and the was the 25th of july and I had a T-broke on my Injector Line and I didnt have help so i didnt catch it right away so of course it wouldnt turn on for me. But the Following day my Gramps died and so my summer changed around and had the WHIITE in Alcester and it ran hard but since than its sittin the Shop. Hope some day it will run the circuit but as of now I lost my Back Bone with my gramps gone so dont know if it will move for awhile... Jim Driesen was the one that helped me when dad couldnt go but Gramps did go to every pull the past 14 years that I been pullin besides a couple. So someday I hope to have it where it makes TV and be in the HOOK maginzine.

Re: Silver Streak? December 20, 2009 05:10PM
what class are you running with it now? If you run around there with it that is?

Re: Silver Streak? December 23, 2009 02:13PM
I remeber the Sliver streak very well, The Dresen boys out of Iowa ran in the early to mid 80`s. they got 2nd at the indy super pull in 1981, almost won it, The old man, Ed was excited with 2nd against the best there was back then.
We partied alot with Lyle and Arlo when they would come this way to pull and we would go out west to watch.
The good old days as they would say, Had a lot of of fun!! I wonder what they are up to now adays?????

Re: Silver Streak? December 24, 2009 06:47PM
They impressed me the most when they drove 7hrs. to go Patrick Prissel's funeral in 1992.

Re: Silver Streak? January 28, 2010 10:08AM
They are just workin, Lyle still pulls his 77 a little bit other than that no more pullin out of em,

Re: Silver Streak? January 02, 2023 03:37PM
Just saw this post although it is very old. I used to travel with them. Arlo and Lyle did all the work on the tractor. Their old man was the funds behind the effort. I was friends with their nephew Dave. We would ride to the fairs in the camper and take in all the events. There was never a dull moment with them. Unfortunately Dave drowned about 10 years ago. Had a seizure while fishing and drowned. I see Lyle past away in 2021 also. They were on the cover of the NTPA magazine once and they could not have been any prouder. What they lacked in funds they made up for with experience and wisdom. They usually did well in the 5,500 pound weight class but if the higher weight class had a thin crowd they would get in and often finish in the money in the higher weight class as well. They also had the 500,000 mile truck that they ran their sponsers oil in Kendall if I remember right. They mentioned it often and we're good spokesman for the sponsor.

Re: Silver Streak? January 02, 2023 11:17PM
I believe the tractor is in Nebraska now, it was sold maybe 4 years ago and word was that it was returning to the track and I remember seeing a picture posted by the new owner however I can’t remember who that was or what class/organization they had planned to run it in .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM