radius,versus circumference, January 20, 2023 04:34AM
Wondering how the radial tire, ( any tire)circumference interferes with speed as low air pressure makes the radius less, is the circumference the same? (I would think so), but the axle is closer to the ground, thence mechanically slower. What do the mechanically minded have to say engineering wise, facts only please, I installed two inch taller tires,one inch wider, but the squat made them the same as the old ones, I gained traction and speed, but from what ? More tire on the ground, more contact traction, or from larger circumference,which also gives a bigger foot print.My gearing was not optimal for the Power I have, so choose the tire option, gained several percent in traction, speed and efficiency Thanks for the space and ideas. I am not spinning hundreds of miles per hour to "grow" the tire. LOL

Re: radius,versus circumference, January 20, 2023 05:47AM
Tractor engineers use "Rolling Radius" to calculate vehicle speed. You can google it and learn all about it.

Re: radius,versus circumference, January 21, 2023 07:55AM
You gained speed from the added traction. Tires aren't slipping as much therefore you have a net higher speed. The "True circumference " is 3.14 times your true radius from center of axle to the ground x 2 not the measured circumference with the tire jacked up off the ground.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM