Noshok gauge March 22, 2023 09:11AM
When you guys run a noshok max indicating gauge for boost or charge pressure, do you us a damper in the line to protect the gauge? Especially on the exhaust side? I've hurt 2 60 psi gauges on the exhaust side. So either I'm twisting off the max indicating needle or it's getting damaged some other way. I currently have no damper. If you do use a damper, what orifice size ? I can see 60 psi on the boost side, which is a 100psi gauge.

Re: Noshok gauge March 22, 2023 01:49PM
You'd be better off going to a digital set up.

Re: Noshok gauge March 22, 2023 03:54PM
Someday I hope to go to a Back 40, but this is gunna have to do for now and would like to make it last.

Re: Noshok gauge March 22, 2023 10:52PM
Heres a thread on some options. Instead of a data logger I went ahead and ordered gauges from speedhut which makes amazing gauges and they can customize them. If they don’t show the exact gauge you need just call and ask if another gauge will work for your application. I needed 100 psi boost and exhaust pressure gauges and they didn’t have them, used oil pressure gauges and had them change what they were for, don’t have to do that but I wanted too. They do run sales on them from time to time. They’re on sale till the end of this month yet, [www.speedhut.com].

[www.pulloff.com]

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 12:59AM
IHFarmer07
Heres a thread on some options. Instead of a data logger I went ahead and ordered gauges from speedhut which makes amazing gauges and they can customize them. If they don’t show the exact gauge you need just call and ask if another gauge will work for your application. I needed 100 psi boost and exhaust pressure gauges and they didn’t have them, used oil pressure gauges and had them change what they were for, don’t have to do that but I wanted too. They do run sales on them from time to time. They’re on sale till the end of this month yet, [www.speedhut.com].

[www.pulloff.com]

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into these links.

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 04:25AM

[www.pulloff.com]

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into these links.

No matter which way you go you will still need to do what NS 1066 said with the coiled up line of some sort with some sort of oil in it, maybe a oil that has a high temp rating.

Re: Noshok gauge March 22, 2023 11:54PM
I may have some options for you. I have a digital pressure gauge with recall that is affordable. I also have a "New" Back40 controller and pressure gauge that I never did install - plus a Samsung Tablet. Give me a call or text 812-three90-9three10.

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 01:00AM
A-Team Pulling
I may have some options for you. I have a digital pressure gauge with recall that is affordable. I also have a "New" Back40 controller and pressure gauge that I never did install - plus a Samsung Tablet. Give me a call or text 812-three90-9three10.

I'll possibly call you later today. Thanks

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 12:17AM
If you are hitting 60 on the intake side you are likely higher on the exhaust side. Also, how much line length do you have between the manifold and gauge? Heat could be killing it too.

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 12:58AM
Deere Puller
If you are hitting 60 on the intake side you are likely higher on the exhaust side. Also, how much line length do you have between the manifold and gauge? Heat could be killing it too.

I don't know the exact length of my line, but I'd say it's a 36-48 4 AN brake line.

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 02:36AM
We've been using copper brake line (cut the flares off), 18" section bent around a 3" or bigger hole saw with some hydraulic fluid dumped into the loop for the exhaust side pressure. Have not had any issues with the compression fittings leaking or the gauge acting up. Do have to refill the loop from time to time though. Might want to try a higher pressure gauge also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2023 02:37AM by NS 1066.

Re: Noshok gauge March 23, 2023 06:39AM
NS 1066
We've been using copper brake line (cut the flares off), 18" section bent around a 3" or bigger hole saw with some hydraulic fluid dumped into the loop for the exhaust side pressure. Have not had any issues with the compression fittings leaking or the gauge acting up. Do have to refill the loop from time to time though. Might want to try a higher pressure gauge also.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard of others doing the loops with fluid as well for a buffer. I have now moved up to a 100 PSI gauge. The 60 psi was a good deal off ebay.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,662, Posts: 229,741, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,072, Posts: 225,921.

Our newest member JD_8520