Anyone know this puller? January 06, 2013 03:56AM
Does anyone know who this puller is? I took this picture in 1984 at Louisville. I don't remember what session of pulling it was.This is what I do remember,the tractor was a twin engine mod with big block chevys,each engine had twin turbos.I took this picture with a Kodak Disc camera.I was watching the tractor through the camera,going to get a shot of the exhaust manifolds turning cherry red.I had my finger on the button when the explosion happened.It startled me and I snapped the picture.I'm sorry if the picture is kind of grainy,the picture is 29 years old.I was just curious who it was and if they were still pulling.

Re: Anyone know this puller? January 06, 2013 05:03AM
Chuck Wheatley from Iowa ran turbo Chevys on a mod.

Re: Anyone know this puller? January 07, 2013 05:16AM
fireball

Re: Anyone know this puller? January 07, 2013 07:32AM
I think it was Scott Murphy. I am guessing here but I think he was from Illinois. The tractor was originally built by Ed Cowman, the famous Ron Cowman's father. But I was a little kid back then. But I still remember the night that happened.

Re: Anyone know this puller? January 08, 2013 12:19AM
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Chuck Wheatley or Scott Murphy?Thanks HP and PS Fan for the names.Are these men still pulling?It is hard to tell in this picture,but in the one I have it looks like I am the only person to get that shot at that second in Freedom Hall.

Re: Anyone know this puller? March 27, 2023 07:29AM
I'm Scott Murphy. Just saw this post. Yes, it was me that blew up that night in 1984. It was in the 9200 pound modified class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,691, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard