Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 20, 2023 06:46AM
Please don’t turn this into a class bash. But I have a question.

All 3 of these similar to fans but put on very different shows. Why do the keep super farm a grand national class when there are so many good 4.1 tractor and so many light pros.

Nothing wrong with super farms but I fell a Change could be good on big circuit. Idk just talking I think it be neat to see a new grand national class but I understand there can only be so many. Maybe replace super farm with either 4.1 or light pro?

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 20, 2023 02:23PM
Heck, just add 4.1 to GN.
More classes when 2 places want a GN same night.
THEN, Make a MINIMUM turbo size for GN pro stock of 5.1"
MINIMUM turbo size for GN 4.1 of 3.5"

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 21, 2023 04:49AM
SF is the 'oldest' created class of the 3 and were allowed to be a GN class after a couple years.
Lgt PS and Lim (4.1) PS are only about a decade old now, with Lgt PS created 2 or 3 years before Lim PS. Upon creation, the NTPA rules stipulated they are a state & region class only.
I just verified the above in the rulebook and it is stated for each class.

And there is nothing wrong with the quality looks and quality competition of SF.
Yes, Lgt PS and Lim PS are likewise too, but look at the poor 2023 puller turnout of those 2 classes.
The Lgt PS class has always made it very clear they do not want to travel beyond 2 or 3 hours from home. And that certainly was the situation in the class' early days on Region 2, where they complained about the distance. So Greg Randall split Region 2 into 2 segments. And guess what, that class participation continues to decline annually.
So how do you expect Lgt PS to be a GN class?

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 21, 2023 05:11AM
I guess the reason I bring it up is I don’t see a decline in mostly 4.1 class as that is my class.
Every where I go there is 10-15 tractors and up to 20 at the grand national pulls like tomah, fort, and Rockwell.
In PPL there is several people running silver series points and it spreads pulls out just as much a grand national pulls.
I think if given a chance these classes would do very will on that stage but I also understand there can only be so many classes.

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 21, 2023 05:44AM
Maybe instead of dropping the SF class they should drop the SSD 4X4 class. It doesn't seem many of those pullers are willing to compete on a GN level unless the only pull is in Bowling Green. I will admit there is a small handful that do but I am always amazed at the turnout in BG when most events are lucky to get 5 or 6 to show up.

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 21, 2023 10:08AM
4.1 was presented to be a GN class last year and was pretty much a go until a certain 4.1 puller from WI sqwashed it at the Enderle... Just sayin

Re: Sf vs 4.1 vs light pro August 21, 2023 10:50AM
If I go to the enderly I planned on talking to board about it again. What was the reason he was against it?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,749, Posts: 229,895, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 225,998.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM