2023 Pulling Photos June 13, 2023 11:53AM
I started the 2023 pulling photo season (my 51st) at the June Idaville, Indiana pull that featured 4 classes of IPL (Indiana Pulling League) tractor classes, the Indiana Truck Pullers (ITPA) 4 Pro class and 1 class from the new EPIC Pulling Series with the 3.0 4x4 Diesel trucks. An awesome track was very consistent all evening which also helped to make a fast, efficient and quality pull event.

The tiny, little ag community of Idaville is one of the very oldest pulls in the US. As always the past numerous years, the avid spectators fill the bleachers on each side of the track. That is greatly appreciated as this and their August 12 pull (will have some other classes) are fund raisers for their Fire Dept and EMS and other local charities. Their pork chop sandwich and sausage burgers are always delicious and reasonably priced, along with rest of their food.

If you have never experienced an "Only at Idaville" event, it is worth the trip.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Pulling Photos June 25, 2023 11:56AM
Just posted Thurs. evening only (6-22-23) Peru, IN pull photos. IPL sanction. Then unsanctioned local street Semis.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Pulling Photos June 25, 2023 12:14PM
Thanks Dan, enjoyed looking at your photos.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2023 Pulling Photos July 10, 2023 02:28PM
Ron Bultmeier's 1981 travel RV coach that he uniquely customized from an original set back front axle with engine and transmission replacements is the photo prelude to IPL's 4 classes.
Incidentally, Ron's home engineered and built JD alky SS "Popper" from the '90's era, that brought Ron to puller fame, was sold to a Swedish puller and it still apparently resides there. Ron still has his engineering hand involved in a few pulling tractors. Thanks Ron for showing me your travel home and allowing me to photograph it and to showcase it on my website.

Thanks Dick Morgan that you enjoy viewing my photos.
Thanks Jake Morgan for the space.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Pulling Photos July 19, 2023 02:23AM
Both nights of Charlotte, MI NTPA Region 2 action photos are posted to www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Pulling Photos July 21, 2023 02:03PM
Wabash, IN IPL 5 sanctioned classes photos are posted to my website, www.DaveDannPhotos.com
Each class was awarded a nice plaque sponsored by Ken McKillip of McKillip Seeds, with their home base just a few miles away.

Re: 2023 Goshen IN August 01, 2023 08:53AM
Last week's Goshen IN pull photos are posted at www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Last Wednesday afternoon, they received a big rain. However, the scheduled evening session was delayed. Finally got the whole class of 5 LSS completed.
And the PS test hook, when a nice 10 minute rain shower arrived. It soon cleared up. The congregation of powers to be held a several minute meeting determining
what to do. As the forecast was for substantial rain from 930 to 1030 PM, they cancelled the wet track mess Wed. evening session - a proper call.
I live 22 miles due west. When I arrived home, the radar showed Goshen was getting pow-wowed again. And it sure showed it when I arrived Thurs. 830 AM.
I had received a whole .03" rain from all that. Typical hot & muggy days summertime feast or famine rain systems.

Wed. evening TWD class was to be their only hook for the 3 session event. However, they carried over and was added into Session 2 (Thurs. day). This allowed every scheduled 3 session classes to have at least a single class hook - a proper call.

And it was another great day of pulling. Grandstand track started with 21,000# Farm Stock to test to see if the track appeared to be built alright.
It was followed by IPL Hot Farms.
Then the PPL pull immediately started with the powerful Hot Rod Semi trucks.
Meanwhile, the (so-called) Farm Stock tractors took to the Infield track. With 4x4D trucks added in the evening Session 3.

The action photos on my website are solely listed in chronological time order as I took them, meaning you will see a lot of 'that' track and then 'this' track action and so back and forth the action goes. Enjoy.

Re: 2023 Cassopolis MI August 07, 2023 01:51PM
Long time pull, Cassopolis MI photos are posted at www.DaveDannPhotos.com.
NTPA Region 2 are the first 3 classes. Last tractor class is the Wolverine SS Combo class with these class tractors pulling - HF, a new LSS debut, SF, Light PS, Lim (4.1) PS, SSD, PS, SSO - 9 classes pulling as 1 class.
The Cass County Tractor Pullers group always do a great job and annually feed the pullers and crew. Thank you for your continued love of pulling, your efforts to make an annual successful event and your hospitality and giving back to the community in other ways.

Re: 2023 Coldwater MI pull & Tribute to Retiring Nearpass Sled Team August 22, 2023 01:11PM
Coldwater MI - NTPA Region 2 action & Tribute to the Retiring Nearpass Sled Team. Yes, their big sled, #15, has had a decal all season stating Dan's farewell tour.

The Nearpass Brothers - Doug and Dan, started pulling with a TWD "Spirit of '76" in 1976.
Then came the pair of Flying Farmer Mods. Originally a single turbine and the second tractor with twin turbines. Then each tractor added 2 more turbines. Trying to refresh all the pulling knowledge in my head, I think that Doug's wife Sybil operated one of the early Mods. I do not recall Dan's wife Carol operating a Mod but she has been very involved in the business side of the pulling sled business.
When they ceased Mod pulling, they operated Elenbaum's "Thumb" sleds. And eventually bought their last built Thumb #14 sled when the Elenbaum's retired from sled operation.
That successful sled and continued higher pulling vehicle horsepower where the inspiration for the Nearpass' and brother in law Ezra Dunn (former IH 806 SSD puller) to engineer and build 3 new Nearpass Pulling LLC "Humiliator" sleds - 'big' #15, the middle size sled and the Mini sled.
At the time of their hometown Coldwater pull, each sled was for sale. Their long time sled operator, Craig Storm, is also retiring.

Thank you Nearpass Team for your dedication for 4.7 decades to tractor/truck pulling and your personal friendship. I wish you well to enjoy 'retirement'.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Hudsonville, MI August 30, 2023 01:41PM
NTPA Region 2. Hot Farm and Mods on Pit side track. SF, Mini and concluding with Wolverine SS Combo class on fairgrounds side track.
Late or last hook in each class was the winner.

Wayne Krider had taken some time off from pulling, a few years ago. When he came back, a new chassis and new tires have plaqued him. At the recent Coldwater, MI pull and tonight, "Double Dose Plus One" triple Chevy powered Mod laid down really nice hooks, winning tonight. Nice to see them back in the contention pulling game again.

Ahrens Bros. "Gone Green" ran as a PS to win the Combo class. However, at RN2 5.0 PS, it has the 5.0 turbo. They have a non-JD former PS at home they are considering to join the 5.0 class in '24. This was learned with my one on one visit with Roger Ahrens.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Hudsonville, MI September 04, 2023 09:59AM
Shipshewana,IN power track outdoors. IPL sanctioned tractor classes. Best spectator crowd yet, but it certainly helps with no rain or showers in forecast or actually happening. An excellent tractor pull.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Shipshewana, IN September 05, 2023 03:41AM
Whoops, the previous post I forgot to change the event name. It is:

Shipshewana,IN excellent power track outdoors. IPL sanctioned tractor classes. An excellent tractor pull.
Best spectator crowd yet, but it certainly helps with no rain or showers in forecast or actually happening.
But our crops certainly need it! Same as where I was this Labor Day weekend in Illinois.
www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: 2023 Pontiac, IL September 07, 2023 12:08PM
ITPA (Illinois) had 2 sessions, Sat & Sunday of Labor Day weekend. In conjunction with the 75th Central States Thresherman's Reunion, which is a really excellent show.

Sunday pull started with LSS. Test hook was the maiden voyage of Jacob Kesler unique looking IH, with the engine storming hard. But his JD won. AC 7000 D was the best hook I ever seen it make. And frequent pulloff.com contributor "Supertiquer" laid down a nice hook.  

In town is the Route 66 museum, Oakland and Pontiac car museum, Sunday parade and other tourist attractions.
Certainly a worthy future Labor Day weekend journey for you.

Re: 2023 Pontiac, IL September 07, 2023 04:12PM
Dave Dann
And frequent pulloff.com contributor "Supertiquer" laid down a nice hook..

I did?. I actually didn't think it was going to run at all at 75 feet. lol Smiling

Re: 2023 Pontiac, IL September 08, 2023 02:18AM
Clark, my view through the camera lens looked and sounded like you were throttle limiting the rpm's to get the tires to set. Once the r's came alive, Supertiquer was off and running.
That was a very unique track and very unforgiving. Certainly tested everyone's track reading skills, vehicle setup and drivability in every class, each day.
As I reviewed every photo and edit a few for lighting, I was comparing tires and weighting and comparing to class placing, all of which told me a story.

Re: 2023 Pontiac, IL September 29, 2023 01:29PM
Saturday evening only Centreville, MI NTPA Region 2 action with 3 classes plus Wolverine SS Combo, concluding with 8 hooks of local road Semi trucks.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009