NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 05:11AM
From the NTPA also posted on the MEC Facebook.

Columbus, Ohio—The National Tractor Pullers Association regrets to report the cancellation of the NTPA Shipshewana Spring Nationals for 2024. The fifth edition of the Grand National invitational event was to have been held March 15-16 at the Michiana Event Center in Shipshewana, Indiana.

The rescission followed a change in policy by the facility’s management team to no longer hold dirt track events in the MEC’s Trade Show Building. A January event unaffiliated with NTPA that was already under contract prior to this announcement will go on as scheduled.

“We’re disappointed in this decision, both for our dedicated fans in the tri-state and our competitors who were looking forward to returning or pulling there for the first time,” said Gregg Randall, the NTPA’s Executive Director. “We thank the management of the MEC past and present for a good working relationship and wish them well in the future.”

Competitors who have submitted bond checks toward participation in the event will have those checks returned or the amounts refunded in full.

Randall noted that the event was the first to be interrupted due to the 2020 pandemic but came back strong in 2021.

“The hope is that this is not the end. We’re open to the opportunity as early as 2025 to keep the Spring Nationals tradition alive at another suitable location.”

Back to Gordyville or Cloverdale? December 12, 2023 05:41AM
Ok, this will be the last Whatssmokin pull there also. Will one or both pulls move to Cloverdale or Gordyville?

Re: Back to Gordyville or Cloverdale? December 12, 2023 05:46AM
My first thoughts exactly.

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 07:22AM
Why not St. Louis right after the Gateway Dirt Nationals this coming weekend and just regrade the dirt track into 2 pulling tracks?

---

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 07:43AM
I would love to see a pulling event at Garwood Arena that is just outside of Columbiana, Ohio. They have a very large arena with a smaller arena attached and a separate large building/arena. There is a pretty good parking area. They have lots of camper/trailer hookups, very nice amenities, already have decent amounts of stands and there are a couple hotels not that far away. Justin Garwood(Goat on a Rope) has pulled trucks so they are involved with pulling and have promoted and put on a pull at their home fairgrounds. I feel like it is a very good place for an indoor pull/larger event but don’t know if it would happen.

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 07:46AM
I have stumbled across this while looking at Google maps and thought the same thing. I would love to see a pull there.

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 08:12AM
I’ve also thought about the dome in St Louis and would love to see it…I have been there for the Gateway Dirt Nationals…it is in the area where NTPA, PPL and Outlaws could all come play. Crime is bad around that area but it would be a great place to have a pull with dirt already there and used multiple times a year. But it would be expensive to have it there…but a large scale pull would draw a lot of fans. Would just need good backing, lots of sponsorship money, good marketing and a great crew to put it together.

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 10:37AM
There are too many winter pulls…..

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 11:17AM
Unpopular opinion
There are too many winter pulls…..

Clarify this a little more. To many winter indoor?? Or winter in general. Because then you are also referring to Florida pulls and southern pulls thag happen throughout the down time that are successful

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 02:45PM
All winter pulls, no break for builders, no time to rebuild. Since most guys that pull aren’t independently wealthy, you need to work sometime to raise some money so we can afford this ridiculous bad habit that we have….

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 02:55PM
then they shouldn't show at one or acouple?

Re: NTPA Spring Nationals December 12, 2023 03:48PM
Unpopular opinion
All winter pulls, no break for builders, no time to rebuild. Since most guys that pull aren’t independently wealthy, you need to work sometime to raise some money so we can afford this ridiculous bad habit that we have….

Builders build all year round, rebuild happens all the time. Winter pulling is a decision by each puller. People are gonna go winter pulling if they want to. If they don't want to, they don't have to

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520