IH oil cooler December 16, 2023 06:12AM
For MPH pulling, is it necessary to have the oil cooler? What's the reasonings for an oil cooler delete other than eliminating another spot for a oil/coolant issue?

What all is needed to delete one, block off plates and a hose in-between so oil flows through is obvious, but would it be a good idea for a oil temp gauge and where do you get freeze plugs for the front cover?

Re: IH oil cooler December 16, 2023 08:27AM
If it strictly a pulling tractor, get rid of it. Pretty sure the freeze plugs are 1 1/2". Get them from any auto parts store.

Re: IH oil cooler December 17, 2023 01:01PM
FarmStockish
If it strictly a pulling tractor, get rid of it. Pretty sure the freeze plugs are 1 1/2". Get them from any auto parts store.

Ok thanks, you wouldn’t happen to know a part number people use do you? I have some but are wide but I don’t believe they will work as part of the freeze plug will stick out some.
I think I found one about what I need, a dorman 555-077, supposedly for a mustang, I will have a look at it tomorrow and see if it is a narrow enough.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,998, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,072.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009