Pro stocks! February 18, 2024 01:40PM
Why does it seam all the pro stocks are moving there fuel tank to behind the roll cage? What is the advantage of this? Also is anyone making 30-50 series John Deere aluminum fenders?

Re: Pro stocks! February 24, 2024 02:25PM
I'm guessing that isn't fuel. I would not want my fuel cell behind me while I'm strapped in a cage. If the sled would come Into contact with the fuel cell during an accident, the driver could be grave danger of getting drenched in fuel and burnt really bad!! I guess I haven't noticed any fuel tanks behing the tractor. Not to mention that you would have to use a different fuel tank for dyno testing if the tractor were to be split for engine dyno testing.

Re: Pro stocks! February 25, 2024 03:38AM
A lot of guys are moving fuel and water behind the role cage to save space up front for intercooler and weight box’s. No show weights are starting to become popular as you see in new builds. Far as the other comments of shed hits fuel tank behind cage both rear tires are gone and you have bigger issues. And at the prostock level you don’t split the tractor to dyno a component. If it was alcohol it would be more dangerous but it would very hard to light off diesel fuel if it spilt.

Re: Pro stocks! February 25, 2024 04:39AM
You can't tell me that if this puller would have had fuel spilled on his body, that it would not have ignited and fueled the already bad fire. As a puller I do not want a fuel cell anywhere near me! All it takes is one "Freak Accident " for someone to get seriously burnt or worse killed and then I would bet that fuel and operator separation would come to light! My question is, why take chances when there is that very real possibility of a bad accident? Check out the link.
[m.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro