Money being Spent in Tractor pulling February 16, 2024 08:19AM
Considering all of the talk about the amount of money that the new pro stocks are costing, Everyone wants to say that having a lot of money in the sport is a bad thing until the people who have the quality tractors stop pulling and go to other motorsports. Just look at the situation with Larry Roberts. At the time no one liked how much they were spending in the sport but when they left everyone realized how much they brought to the sport. This is such a great time in the sport because we have such high quality vehicles being built and more money in the sport than ever. If you don't want to spend the money, that's fine there are lower classes to go to. Lets just be glad that we have the opportunity to watch these amazing vehicles, even if we cant afford them ourselves.

Re: Money being Spent in Tractor pulling February 16, 2024 08:37AM
I feel like to many people see the pristine tractors and that's what they think they need to build to compete. People who want to build just need to build what they can afford, don't try and build to the standard of some people with bottomless pockets. But oIf you can afford it, more power to you. I'd rather have a rusty old turd that's competitive then a pristine show piece that runs mid pack.
My two cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2024 08:42AM by Oly.

Re: Money being Spent in Tractor pulling February 16, 2024 09:11AM
Chaos Fab Fan
Considering all of the talk about the amount of money that the new pro stocks are costing, Everyone wants to say that having a lot of money in the sport is a bad thing until the people who have the quality tractors stop pulling and go to other motorsports. Just look at the situation with Larry Roberts. At the time no one liked how much they were spending in the sport but when they left everyone realized how much they brought to the sport. This is such a great time in the sport because we have such high quality vehicles being built and more money in the sport than ever. If you don't want to spend the money, that's fine there are lower classes to go to. Lets just be glad that we have the opportunity to watch these amazing vehicles, even if we cant afford them ourselves.

I suppose if you are a car show type that likes cool looking stuff that doesn’t do anything then I can see why you would like it.

What you are failing to realize is that this type of money spending drives the money spending to increase in lower level classes and that is detrimental to the long term health of the sport

Re: Money being Spent in Tractor pulling February 16, 2024 01:42PM
A pro stock puller told me a few days ago that class has gained 2000+ HP in the last 10 years. Several have told me the top pros are over 5,000 HP now. These new chaos pros are well over 500k to build. While it makes for some incredible machines to see and watch you quickly begin to understand where classes like that are headed.

Re: Money being Spent in Tractor pulling February 16, 2024 03:02PM
This is not a new situation or conversation. Gearheads, no matter what it is that fascinates them, have a subset of people that want things at a certain level of distinction from the rest of the pack and in the case of pulling it's important not only to look good but to perform at an elite level. The crop of tractors we've seen come out in the past 24 months can be referred to as "bespoke," or built to meet the customers' specific requests in performance, attention to detail, and possessing a unique "character" that separates them from the rest.

The best analogy to me is the "America's Most Beautiful Roadster" competition at the Grand National Roadster Show. Artisan car builders spend thousands of hours creating cars commissioned for the competition...all for a first prize of $12,500. As far as I know it's one shot at the most coveted title in custom cars.

So, I look at it this way-if there's a market for bespoke cars whose only job is to look good - no real beyond being a roadster - the artists and craftsmen in our sport bringing new visions of what a pulling tractor can look like AND actually performing in competition...that's next level and an unsurprising development to me. Kudos to them...and the pullers who get their visions brought to life.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,663, Posts: 229,743, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,073, Posts: 225,923.

Our newest member JD_8520