Planting progress May 06, 2024 03:17PM
I am curious how planting progress is going in other areas. Here in northeast Nebraska, it has been raining for two weeks. Last year we could not buy a rain, and now we can’t get dry enough to plant the crops.

Re: Planting progress May 07, 2024 03:53AM
Zero planting so far in Northwest Ohio. Too much rain. No panic yet but it will set in very very soon

Re: Planting progress May 07, 2024 07:55AM
West central Ohio, some are finished, most are halfway, and some haven’t even opened the barn doors yet, guess they like to brag on how late they planted vs being first

Re: Planting progress May 08, 2024 12:24AM
In about 2017 or 18 we were rained out with part of a field planted. That was late April, and it was late May when we finally got back to finish that field. The yield went from 228 down to 171. Obviously every year is different, but that was one easy to remember. Our current forecast makes it look like we should be able to return to the field later this week. Best of luck to you all.

Re: Planting progress May 08, 2024 03:55AM
Here on the east side corn is coming up. A lot are pounding seed that are usually late starters. With this tropical weather on the east the race is on.

Re: Planting progress May 11, 2024 11:29PM
I 'm about one hour north of St Louis farmers planted beans first I'd say about 50% done ,but there's a lot of corn yet to plant, I wish we could save some of this rain for july and august. been out of the fields now for almost three weeks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,789, Posts: 229,987, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,508.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009