How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 05:49AM
In GN NTPA events, are the non pre commit tractors getting the points or do they skip those tractors and reward points to pre commit tractors? How many points are awarded per place?
Thanks

Re: How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 06:05AM
as far as non precommited tractors go i do not know. But every tractor get 15 points after passing over the scale and getting teched in and then the winner gets 15 2nd place 14 and so on down the line till 15th place

Re: How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 06:16AM
If you have a grand national ticket you get points if you don't you don't, there are no per hook GN points tickets, you do not have to be precommited to get points, just a GN ticket

Re: How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 03:33PM
Yes Jon, Thanks for the great answer. It explains why I can't calculate the points race very well from my computer, I am lacking the info needed on certain vehicles.

Re: How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 06:39AM
GCTP:

I appreciate your well stated and honest question; it deserves a thorough explanation.

For a class sanctioned at the Grand National level:
  • A GN-registered vehicle, regardless of the status of the driver (season competition license or per-hook), earns 15 points for being on the grounds and legally entered. The 15 points can be withdrawn if the vehicle is later determined to have violated competition rules (illegal fuel, etc.) These are "hook points."
  • A GN-registered vehicle also earns "place points" as follows: 15 for 1st place among GN vehicles, 14 for 2nd among GN, ..., 1 for 15th among GN, and 0 for 16th and below among GN. "Place points" are awarded if the vehicle moves the sled a measurable distance even if it is disqualified for an on-track infraction (out of bounds, dropped weight or non-safety part, etc.). (The infractions that result in place points being either awarded or withheld are stated in the 2011 Pulling Rules.)
  • Neither RN- nor per-hook registered vehicles earn hook or place points and are filtered out before the "place-point" calculation for GN vehicles begins.

For a class sanctioned at the Regional National level, RN vehicles earn hook and place points, while GN and per-hook vehicles do not and are filtered out. For Rotella Cup and other in-season series, GN- and RN-vehicles earn points, but per-hook vehicles do not and are filtered out.

Precommitment is completely separate from point calculations and awards. Every GN-precommitted vehicle must be GN-registered, but many GN-registered vehicles are not precommitted. Every GN-registered vehicle, precommitted or not, earns points toward the season championship in GN classes.

What complicates point calculations is not the arithmetic but rather the need for knowledge of the complete and current registration status of every vehicle in a class and the explicit reason for every disqualification. At present, that information is centrally located at---and all inquiries are initiated by---the NTPA office.

Jon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 06:42AM by PullTracker.

Re: How Are NTPA points calculated in Grand National Events August 08, 2011 07:36AM
Thanks Jon for the clear, concise explanation. I wondered myself how it was calculated when filtering out all the potential scenarios of a how a vehicle is licensed to compete.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,668, Posts: 229,751, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,927.

Our newest member JD_8520