Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 07:37AM
Out of curiosity where is this tractor right now? I thought that it went to the Roberts Stable in one of the Toys. Originally I thought they purchased a Blackbourn Slow Ride and Wild Thing. Also, what is the third toy, did Larry build it? Also, Lessons Learned (old Mining for Dollars) who built/ what was that before Miesel had it?

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 08:12AM
the original wild thing of kwikowski was sold to ken measel and then ken measel sold that to chris cain the now aces wild pro stock. measel built the minning for dollars tractor and eventually sold that to gettingers. the component wild thing that kwitowski built i believe was sold to roberts. yes roberts bought blackbourns slow ride and the ryans toy was built by roberts after the original ryans toy i think was sold to the hunts as a DSS. hope i got all that right

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 08:20AM
Well, it sounds fun. Do you have any information on why Jeff Hirt is selling Ferris Tire Running Bear? Is he looking to get out of it, of just build a new one using a 55 gallon inter cooler on the front.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 11:35AM
Sully,

Great post, I only have one minor correction, at least I think it's a correction if my memory serves me right, the Wild Thing that Roberts bought was non-component, it still had an IH rear end in it when Joe Kwiatkowski owned it. If you look at some early pictures of when Roberts purchased it, it still had 9-bolt rims. The NTPA changed the rules and banned cast rear-ends if you removed the transmission housing (no semis-components). So Roberts took out the IH rear-end and put a truck rear-end in (since it had a full frame already).

As a side note: I think Hunt's did the same thing to the rear-end with the old Livin A Dream that they got from Roberts.

As for Hirt, I wonder if he’s thinking about going to the big V-8. I harassed him at Harrisburg this winter about building a LSS since their old AC ran so strong with the 504, that was one tough tractor. I’d love to see a guy like Jeff driving a LSS.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 12:08PM
that certainly could be

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 12:32PM
I was bored so I looked though some old pics to see if my memory was failing me. Here's a shot from 2002 with the IH rear (or 9-bolt hubs at the very least):

Here's a shot from Winter 2003 still with the IH rear:

Here's a very blurry shot from Winter 2004 and it now has outboard planetaries (and some new graphics):

So somewhere between Winter 2003 and Winter 2004 it got a rear-end makeover. Looking back, I like it's first graphics better than it's current paint job. I also think it would be better for the class if all three of Roberts' SS looked different from each other, but that's just my opinion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 01:37PM
The original slow ride went to Skaar's in Wisconsin and became the Screamin Norwegian, which now is owned by Tom Harmon in North Branch, Mi., and is a Super Farm.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 02:02PM
Didn't they have a diesel super befor they went to alky? who ended up with that?

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 02:08PM
if your referring to roberts i thought that it went to brandon hunt (the old living a dream) then after hunt sold it i dont know where it went

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 02:46PM
didnt roberts have 2 dss trs at one time,i thought they were mear's just maybe and maybe so...

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 03:15PM
the first wild thing was run by Schaendorf as the "Radical Red" dss before he changed to component, I don't know what became of the ag chassis maybe Jim will fill in the blank.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 03:57PM
Yes Roberts bought both of the Mears diesel tractors, he then got the alcohol tractor which was a partial component and had to update it to a full component. The Ryan's toy went to Hunts. He also bought Slowride from Blackburn.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 04:03PM
Old Ryans toy DSS is sitting in Jolley, IA owned by Troy Arndt (Hunt's old one). And we have old Larry's Toy. Both tractors were Mear's tractors.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 13, 2011 07:07PM
Brent Long built Mining for Dollars for Measel.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 14, 2011 07:39AM
Another Question, is Larry Robert's "Double Stuffed" the old Dave Archer Pioneer? Dave and/or Kathy had a mod with two DT466's on it before they left the sport for a while.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 14, 2011 12:41PM
No Double Stuff was built from the ground up.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 14, 2011 01:51PM
Archers was a four motored v8 with turbos only saw it make a couple of complete passes, always hoped Mr. Archer would figure it out but alas!!!!!!

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 15, 2011 12:29AM
The old Pioneer tractor (blue one) is now running with East Coast Pullers owned and driven by Fred McKenzie now called Highland Special.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: A couple pics of Archer's Turbo-ed Tractor August 16, 2011 09:28PM
Heres a couple pics of Archer's Trailblazer..The 4 engine is from Bowling Green in 2001..The 3 engined tractor is from 2002 at the Ohio State Fair when they ran the State and RN Pulls..Thats Rich Lustik standing in front of the tractor..

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 17, 2011 11:24AM
Sully, your history is correct. Except for the word "original". I've read all the posts. You guys have all that posted history correct.
BUT, let's back up in time! I would need to find time to go study my old photos/negatives, but, if memory serves me correctly, it was about '76 to '78 Joe comes onto the National circuit (huge circuit back then) at select appearances. As I recall, he is one of the few select HyperMax users to have the latest greatest but proven Hyper setups on his 966. You could always count on Joe K. being a top contender.
That original tractor was sold to 'neighbor' Don Cook "Pride of the Farm". Joe built another one for himself. I think each version was sold. Don't recall how many diesel versions there were. Think the last diesel went to Schaendorf. At that point, Joe went alky (I think).
So, Joe K. is also a long time & still current pulling legend. He is now part of a group that has witnessed tremendous technological advancement in the pulling sport spanning 35 plus years. Be interesting to make a list of pullers that have that many years and are still pulling. Joe K., Jerry VanDorpe are 2. But, Somebody Should start a new thread, though. Might be a great one for the winter time.

Re: Who owns Kwitowski's old Wild Thing August 18, 2011 01:05AM
i red in a article a few years back that IH send like ten tractors right to hypermax from the factory. Didnt know if joes might have been one of them or not. Of course the info that i read might not be true either but i wasnt around in 76!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,795, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member CBeard