If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 10:41AM
If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super?

Thanks

Pulling Depot

Dan Dunham

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 10:58AM
As a big fan of the AGCO lineage or of anything thats not a Deere or Farmall I will chime in here. 1855 or 1655. Just like the sharp clean lines with those 2 headlights up front above the classic checkerboard.

Like this

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 11:40AM
I hear ya brother...I been thinkin the same thing....but I am trying to in-vision how I can do this with what I am trying to do and not sure if the older lines will allow that.....Thinkin real outside the box here...It is going to be very radical and running on 8 cyl again like we did awhile back....Done right it is going to be fun and that is what I miss most....Havin' fun....Really lookin forward to gettin back in the game again if things work out here.....Hope to be on the track with my old team again!.....This means you Spub!

Dan Dunham

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 12:17PM
If its a v8, go with 2255 sheetmetal. However, paint it up as a White 2255, not an Oliver 2255. I always have like how the 50/55 series Cockshutts looked.

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 01:28PM
I thought you were working on an air cooled?

Are your old V-8 parts in MO?

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 15, 2011 02:17AM
That was the plan, but with all the bearing problems that Reloaded has been having and I think Dennis is experiencing some as well and the fact that parts are kinda scarce.....Having second thoughts.

Dan Dunham

Re: If You were an Oliver or White Nut...What kind of Sheet Metal would you like to see for a Light Super? August 14, 2011 12:41PM
I'd love to see the 88 or Super 88 sheetmetal on a mean V8. I liked the idea of Esdon's on the RLF Lite by increasing the overall dimentions (assuming an equal percentage all the way around). Just a thought.

I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 14, 2011 01:01PM
I like the old Field Boss or Workhorse series sheet metal either 2-180 or 185 sheet metal, and with a V8 would look an awful lot like Bad Medicine, one of the best lookin tractors ever in my humble opinion.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 14, 2011 01:39PM
i agree 2-180 and bad medicne was one of the best lookin ss of all time..

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 14, 2011 01:49PM
Gonna give away one of my goals here but for a good cause, i always wanted to take the 2- whatever and paint it oliver green and clover white and see what it looked like; rebadge something like 2265 and never let on.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 14, 2011 05:29PM
Since Oliver never built a straight 6 big enough to run with all the Deeres and Binders, I'd take a 160 or bigger (8.3 Cummins) and paint it up like the Spirit of Oliver promotional tractor. I'll third the idea behind Bad Medicine, the best Oliver/White SS ever. I just wish it was still around in 2-180 trim and not bastardized as an AGCO.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 15, 2011 01:34AM
What you are looking for has already been done. Check out this website for pics. A work in progress yet.

[www.facebook.com].

Spirit of Oliver Pictures August 15, 2011 02:43AM
Still working some bugs out of it, but we have good friends that have been a tremendous asset the past couple weeks. JD4455SSD if you read this, thanks a bunch man!

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 15, 2011 05:44AM
Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time there was a copycat out there. After all, how many 5 millionth IH tractors have you seen? I know there was only one original, but I've seen probably have a dozen by now that have the same paint scheme.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 15, 2011 08:24AM
How is it a copy cat? Nobody else did it before hand...

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 15, 2011 02:14PM
2 color fade front to back green and silver similar to the white and green deeres

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 15, 2011 05:40PM
I meant if I did the same thing, it wouldn't be the first time someone copied an idea. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 16, 2011 11:20AM
160 WHITE

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 16, 2011 12:23PM
The White 4-270 had a 3306 cat engine.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 16, 2011 01:23PM
funny that looks like a early2-105 somebody stuck a cummins in it and put 160 decal on it and found a hillbilly dumb enough to believe it is a 160

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 12:26PM
that spirit of oliver is very nice! love the pete and repete pictures, whats the power plant in that thing? Hey Dan how about that 3306, I always thought that would be an interesting choice. What ever you do keep it old school, not a fan of any AGCO sheet metal

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 01:08PM
Dan,

I still love the idea of the V-8 in a 2-180 Light Super. I know you’ve already been down that road, but tons of fans still love the retro silver hoods of the Whites (me included).

I don’t know if it could ever make weight, but a big 585 in a White 2-150 would be pretty cool as well. I’m sure you could take out those jugs and come up with a very nice aluminum replacement that didn’t weight too much. Side note: if you replace the jugs you could locate the cam high in the aluminum block and you could have some very short pushrods and a very stout valvetrain. You could “hang” the crank from the aluminum “jug”, add in that missing main bearing and machine the MM… I mean White… crankcase down to just a nice decorative lightweight crankcase cover. You’d essentially have a legal aluminum block in a Light Super. Well, thanks for reading my ramblings and dreaming if I had an unlimited budget, if only…

Cory,
I’m personally a fan of the retro hoods (880 is still one of my personal favorites) but I do think there are some great looking Agco’s out there; Eric VanValkenburg’s Smuggler and Shrameks Youngblood look as nice as any tractors I’ve seen. And those bright orange hoods sure do photograph well! There's even a few nuts who have painted an Agco white and made it look pretty darn nice. Whether they are square like a fridge or rounded bubbles there sure are some great looking tractors out there.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 01:43PM
Jake, i sure didn't mean to say the agcos looked bad because thats far from the truth! Actually I can't say as if I have seen a bad one, there are alot of good looking agcos out there. As far as the oliver and whites go I'm just stuck in my ways and want to see the "older" sheet metal. That being said I would hate to see an 880 or 88 with a V8 in it. I know the binder lite folks could probably stretch one to fit but that would be just way to wrong. Love the 55 series and the pre agco rounded sheet metal. Also that 585 is a MM not an oliver engine and that would be just wrong in my mindEye Popping

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 02:05PM
DAN, BEING A FAN OF OLIVERS I WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING WE TOLD MARK WITH HIS FORD WHEN HE WAS THINKING OF DIFFERENT SHEET METAL. GO WITH THE OLD SCHOOL STUFF. BACK IN THE YOUNGER YEARS, THE BRANDS OF TRACTORS ALL HAD THEIR OWN PERSONALITIES. PEOPLE RELATED TO THE PULLING TRACTORS BECAUSE EITHER THEY HAD ONE AT HOME OR SEEN ONE AT THEIR LOCAL DEALER. I GREW UP WITH THE RIGHT GREEN IN MY BLOOD AND WOULD SAY TO GO WITH THE 2255 SHEET METAL AND PAINT IT OLIVER COLORS. IF YOU NEED ROOM UNDER THE HOOD GO TO BINDERLITE AND HAVE IT MAKE UP NICE. I AGREE WITH CORY THAT IT IS JUST WRONG TO PUT 880 SHEET METAL OR OLDER ON A TRACTOR THAT I THINK SHOULD HAVE THE NEWER STUFF ON IT. YOU HAVE HAD THE OTHER SHEET METAL ON YOUR TRACTORS YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO BACK TO THE ONE YOU HAVEN'T DONE YET.
LARRY SAID YOU GUYS WERE THINKING ABOUT ANOTHER ONE, HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU GUYS. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING IT
BILL

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 11:37PM
All depends on the builder. Young Blood and GALOT are the same model, but I think Young Blood looks better. Same goes to the many CIH MX's out there...

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 02:16PM
I've seen some bad Agco's, infact one of the ugliest tractors I've ever seen has got new Agco tin. I'm not going to post the link because that would just be mean but it's not pretty (but still prettier than my non-existent tractor!).

I’m with you on the retro hoods and the V-8 in an 88, I guess I’m a pre “old curmudgeon” and I’ll always believe that the sheetmetal and the block should match.

The fact that the 585 is a Moline and not an Oliver is a good thing, it's from the right side of the White family treeTougue Out!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 02:45PM
Thats were we might not agree jake, depends on the class. If we are talking unlimited i say as long as the engine was offered in that same line of tractors than go for it. If we are talking any other class than you are right it should match the sheet metal and in my mind the rear end! Just my thoughts though, and not everyone has the same.
Not sure on how to respond to the moline statement other than I think they are fun to watch but should always wear their true colors, and not take on the ones that kept them aroundWinking

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 17, 2011 05:49PM
I'm with you Jake. The engine should match the tin, even if there were variations where the tin might say MM, but it's an Oliver underneath or vise versa. Case in point: [www.proxibid.com] The tin says MM, but it's obvious it's just an Oliver painted prairie gold.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 18, 2011 01:27AM
I like the idea of the oliver sheet metal a 2255 would look very sharp with some high dollar paint . And make it look like the oliver colors I'm still working on my own tractor with super 88 tinwork . The head is done and waiting on block work. Hope to have it next summer I think Ivan Carrol has built some kind of oliver but I have never seen it yet.

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 18, 2011 01:39AM
what motor and class will you be running?

Re: I am partial to the Field Boss/ Work horse sheet metal August 18, 2011 06:09AM
LSS in Nebr and some Outlaw pulls I know its not big enough . But I want to try it 390 ci twin charger diesal cross flow head on alchlol its pete and repete chassis

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,804, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard