Addison VT August 14, 2011 11:57PM
what is the deal with Addison, that was a bad show what is VTPA thinking. How come the fair doesn't get the NYTPA boys back there and put on a real show. I can't believe that the price would be any different. heck they could pay for the show when all the spectators come back to watch a real show. I'm sorry but all VTPA has to offer is lawn mowers. whats anybody else thinking

Re: Addison VT August 15, 2011 01:10AM
it doesnt help when they have there fair the same time as west port and hunnnighton qc there trucks that go from adirondacktractor pullers but to many pulls at one time

Re: Addison VT August 15, 2011 03:50AM
the super farm class was a joke. 2 tractors??????

Re: Addison VT August 15, 2011 04:08AM
Um I beilve westport moved in on addisions dates westport was always the week befor addison, and in the last few years it has been moved latter in the year. also if you look in the area altered tractor class numbers are down even in the atpa ussually on sat in addison that is the bigger class. and what did you expect for a new super class thats the fist year the vtpa has offered it.

Re: Addison VT August 15, 2011 05:55AM
looks like if you can't run with the BIG DOGS (NYTPA) you better stay on the porch (VTPA).

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 15, 2011 10:11AM
there is three tractors in VT putting the numbers down for the altered stock class. Fortunately only one is running, The big one seemed to miss the teching on saturday at addison. Most of the tractors are going to nys super farm. adirondack tractor pullers had no altered tractors this year other than one at most pulls. Eventually those guys will figure it out when they are pulling against themselves. It's too bad because local affordable tractor pulling will be gone.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 15, 2011 11:27AM
Don't think vtpa is to blame for the biggest problem with the pull in addison last week end. VTPA put on a great show Friday and Friday night think numbers was the reason some people felt Saturday wasn't up to par. it was the First ever hook for superfarm for VTPA, when theirs a NYTPA pull not that far away your just not going to get tractors. I think you should give credit to the to hometown guys who pulled in addison to make a show for the fans. Theres also a numbers problem in the altered class but i feel it was a good class and was not dominated by one tractor. There was also some breakage in the afternoon that affected the night show. As for teching if there was an issue, two days after the pull on the internet is not the place to bring it up, if you have a problem with teching get it dealed with at the pull. Maybe the Saturday show wasn't up to par but i know alot people who liked the show and will attend again. There will be a good show on labor day weekend for the addison county benifit pull they have a good number of classes and have a grand national sled rented for the show.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 03:27AM
the NYTPA show really isn't that close. Norwich is at least 5 hours away. if addison wants numbers for big tractors they are going to have to let NYTPA in

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 15, 2011 11:53AM
red witch
there is three tractors in VT putting the numbers down for the altered stock class. Fortunately only one is running, The big one seemed to miss the teching on saturday at addison. Most of the tractors are going to nys super farm. adirondack tractor pullers had no altered tractors this year other than one at most pulls. Eventually those guys will figure it out when they are pulling against themselves. It's too bad because local affordable tractor pulling will be gone.

Who is going NYTPA superfarm besided Roddy Burns? What tractors were at this pull for superfarms?

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 15, 2011 12:51PM
travis mcknight went superfarm, sanford horton superfarm, both were adirondack pullers, as u said Burns also, i would say J prouty, he mentioned superfarm this year. Gaton yelle bought a superfarm this year. Here is a few i can think of that all pulled atpa. i know for a fact a couple more for next year.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 03:50PM
audet's hae a decent running super farm which was at addison and vanderwerts also have one if they can get it running but that was all for the super farms from up there

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 15, 2011 02:40PM
Apparently you have no idea what your are talking about.....The big one did go through tech inspection...and passed....and what your beef with the other two, you must not be much of a tractor pulling fan if you think its "fortunate" only one of the three were running. You must have no idea the work,time,commitment that goes into getting a tractor like this ready to compete for a season.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 03:03AM
VTPA used to have a good super stock class in the 80s that most of the eastern NY tractors would go to, they paid better. But after Paul Denis died, things went flat from what I hear. Since Vermont is big on mini mods, why not have an NTPA sanctioned state circuit mini class, maybe some of the current minis would step up. Also go with an NTPA super farm class, NY only has a half dozen hooks or so for super farms so that would possibly help out. That way they can build up the class. There's a lot of fairs that would be willing to support these two classes I'd think....just my opinion.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 03:53AM
NTPA superfarms would make no sense. The only ntpa superfarm that I know of in NYS is Yelle's. All the other superfarms are PPL. PPL tractors can't pull with ntpa rules. Would be nice to have a superfarm hook there but the time of the year is hard. There is 23 superfarm hooks in NYS this summer and out of those 12 are in august. There really is no more time to get anymore in. Just my 2 cents

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 04:39AM
I agree. Need to be PPL rules as that is what both NY clubs run.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 05:01AM
How many hooks in NYTPA are strictly for super farms? What would happen if Gardner decided he would like a GN super farm class in Essex Junction?

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 05:05AM
Looks like 9 SF hooks for NYTPA. ESP is 13.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 05:20AM
if gardner wanted to run a grand national super farm hook in essex's it would probably be as bad as addison's. just for the simple reason as someone else said that the ntpa rules are different from the ppl rules. Essex's is going to be in trouble this year because if the word gets out that rutland is having a pull on the same day, their pull is going to crush essex's their will probably be 50 - 60 hooks @ rutland and maybe 15-20 @ essex's. rutland is going to have supers, pros, alkys, super farms , twd trucks,and mods. i'm sure that some people will still go to essex's because they do not know about rutland this year but, after that essex's could be history.they just will not be able to compete when rutland is that close

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 16, 2011 03:54PM
his is the only since zorns tractor burnt up last year but gaetan from wut everyone says isnt running it with NY hes running it up in Canada only

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 17, 2011 12:04AM
Zorns tractor was PPL setup with intercooler and icebox.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 17, 2011 12:33AM
Yelle's pulled with NYTPA in Gouverneur and has also pulled with ATPA

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 17, 2011 12:41AM
Curious- How much more horsepower in the PPL Super Farm setup over the NTPA setup?

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 17, 2011 12:50AM
I have heard it said that the cooler is good for an easy 100 HP. Maybe more with good tuning. In a class with so many restrictions 100 HP is a lot.

Re: Addison VT Teching was tough for some IH's August 17, 2011 06:12AM
nyspullnut is very close

Dear Red Witch August 15, 2011 03:26PM
Dear Red Witch,

I am really interested how much you pay attention to tractor pulling. Only two of the three are altered tractors, hence the 24.5-32's on the 44 Special. "Fortunate only one of the 3 is still running"?? Actually two of em run, one just wont move real well. Took her apart and every gear on the top shaft is wrecked. Would you like to come help fix it? We've worked our tails off to get all 3 to our hometown fair, as does anyone else in this sport for a good time, competition, and it's what we love to do. The reason the altered numbers are down is that Audet's, Prouty, Burns, and our 44 have gone to Superfarm and only a couple of em are done, Prouty's altered just barely got completed, our 4230 just got put together, and the 6030 has a had a couple hick-ups this year. Marshall also had had some issues I've heard. Anyone can build an altered to compete. Look at Andre Bordeau for example, he has built one awesome running 6030. Had some hard luck breaking stuff, stuck with and is great competition. We even share info and ideas back and forth together. Not sure what your issue's are exactly, but you ought to look at the whole picture of things before you go bashing people for doing what they love to do.

Scoob Van De Weert

Re: Dear Red Witch August 16, 2011 06:37AM
It would be better than Addison, I would think that if it was a gn class...gn tractors would show up? Too obvious?

Re: Dear Red Witch August 16, 2011 11:31AM
wont matter they will never bring a gn super farm class at Essex anyways. Essex should go ppl the travel for most ntpa guys is to far. look at the past stats for that pull if it wasent for nytpa guys going like in the twd class they would have nothing. i have photgraphed Essex for ntpa in the past and many coments made on the travel time for one hook. Essex is the only ntpa event that far east. Essex should do the math and use there head might be a better show. only the top few fighting for points in classes offered will show. I know for fact that many nytpa pullers have been invited to Essex to help fill the show. I will be at Rutland anways much better show My 2 cents.

Re: Dear Red Witch August 16, 2011 02:30PM
You will not see a grand national pull in New England do 150+ hooks in one day and spectators pay only one fee to get in the gates. Rutland & Essex will hammer gate and grandstand seats for a lousy 2 hour show and maybe 20 hooks. Have any of you considered the economy and how much all that iron costs to maintain and get to an event.

Re: Dear Red Witch August 16, 2011 02:50PM
I will bet that the NYTPA show at Rutland will be better than a 2 hour lousy show with only 20 hooks!

Re: Dear Red Witch August 16, 2011 04:01PM
Also what hurt Essex was the loss of the pull over in NH that was the night before, that attracted alot of GN guys over havin the 2 hooks close together

Re: Dear Red Witch August 17, 2011 10:10AM
as long as david grimm is gm at champlain valley expo, i don't see a ppl pull there ever. he was president of ntpa quite a few years ago( 25 or so) and i think he is still on the board with them. and a diehard ntpa person. he also announces the show.

Re: Dear Red Witch August 18, 2011 05:59PM
did one of these 6030's come out of wisconsin, there was one hot 6030 sold around here that went to Vermont

Re: Dear Red Witch August 20, 2011 02:36PM
I'm pretty sure one of them did come from Wisconsin,was it a good runner up there?

Re: Dear Red Witch August 20, 2011 03:45PM
have any pictures of them then i might be able to tell, but if its the one I'm thinkin of yes it ran pretty damn good when it was out to pull. It ran with pi pullers on and off in hot farm, made alot of IH boys pi$$ n moan

Re: Addison VT August 15, 2011 01:30PM
VTPA does there best at putting shows on. The problem is when other pulls are the same weekend. Ofcoarse the numbers will be down alittle. Dont blame VTPA.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason