Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 07:58AM
Why did six prostock 4x4 trucks get dq'ed at des moines?

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 08:43AM
They didn't wait around to get cubic inch pumped, so were D.Q.ed
The guy that got 16th place wasn't worried about not getting points or a check, because he was a one time hook (as were ALL that decided to not wait) so he didn't have any money coming and wouldn't collect any points.
Was good they pumped them, and heard they had to re-pump some top points trucks in Outlaws. One person that DID get pumped that was a one time hook person has a 477 and it pumped 460, so there is already some wiggle room in the pump.
Sounds like Outlaws has ALL their tech crew assigned to work Wisner, so I bet a lot of classes get checked over.

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 09:17AM
Watcher... Were you there? Just curious as to the number that was on the pump when your 477 pumped 460? That pump was borrowed and their is a trick to it. Also the pump will error on the side of the engine builder. If it reads high then it is high. I too also heard that some were questionable and they had been wanting to do this for a while. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I was not their but my truck was on this pump 2 weeks ago and was the first one in a long time. On the two trucks we tested the pump on the largest difference was 4 CID.

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 10:16AM
I agree if it goes over the limit it is. If it is lower than what you can prove in a tear down. factor in the heat of the cyl,ring oil seal,etc.
The test is to see if you are over the limit. 60.62=485 cu inch 61.12=489 the oring is read from the bottom side.

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 03:30PM
Not sure what you mean by error on the side of builder. But,there are a few things that factor in. Should only have the plug out of the cylinder being pumped. Engine should turn over at 200 rpm's. If the cylinder is warm there is a percentage to be added to the reading. Percentage varies on cylinder temp. Is the o-ring to dry or to oily. After using ours for the last 13 years we've had them pump to big and to small but for the most part we get them within a few cubic inch. For the $1000 they cost they should be spot on every time but, it's better than having none at all.

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 03:59PM
Which trucks got DQed??????

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 18, 2011 11:28PM
Hold the presses! The Outlaw organization jumped the gun on who was DQ'd . Word is they're to repost the correct Pro4x4 final results during Wisners pull this weekend. The Copperhead truck passed the test and was not disqualified. It should be in the 13th spot where as the # 15 truck should be in the last 6, left before it was tested. Hopefully they get it right the second time around.

Re: Outlaw dq's at des moines? August 19, 2011 07:32AM
I knew copperhead stuck around to get pumped,,,,,
But I wouldn't hold your breath for the results to get fixed much before Wednesday. Just sayin'
They's a-plenty other stuff to git dun affore we worry 'bout that there 'ficial stuff.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009