what would you do August 18, 2011 09:00AM
decided that we are going to move outa the farm classes and do something different. just dont know what class, it will either be a 3000rpm 466 3lm class or a 466 3x3 water injection class. we run a deere and we are looking for advise. would or do guys run 55 series pistons and cut valve reliefs in them? looking at them i'm not sure that they will last as there isn't much meat on the high ring pistons. how much head work needs done on a 55series head if you run the r86427 head? again i would like to know for both a hot stock app and for a 3000 app. our current pump is cappable of putting out 600cc of fuel so i would think it would be enough for either of those classes. also what should we look for in a cam? everyone has their own opinions on them and no one will really tell me what they are except tell me that if i spend 1500 dollars that "it will run" and by all means it should for that kind of money. is the old 466 deere block good enough or should we update to the 7.6 with the crankdriven oil pump? thanks for the help guys

Re: what would you do August 18, 2011 09:44AM
Don't know much about green tractors, but if you run a 3x3 you may come closer than you think to maxing out your 600 cc pump.

Re: what would you do August 20, 2011 04:29AM
i run the cam driven oil pump in the 3000rpm class and haven't had trouble "yet?" idk on the pistons, i run 50 series and had to cut reliefs in them, i have been told the 55's will work if you shoot water but with out doing that i would be affraid of them coming apart or melting. they do make a "low ring" 55 piston that should have enough meat to cut away some.

Re: what would you do August 20, 2011 11:26AM
Call Joe Busch AG repair in Boone ia. He builds lots of 3000 rpm and 3x3 466's and 8.1L pullers. They run good and seem to last forever.

Re: what would you do August 21, 2011 02:43PM
my e mail is messed up call me I am rebuilding for a different class and have a lot of what you will be needing. Keith Barr 618-838-8684

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM