oil pan heater? August 24, 2011 11:51AM
Where is a good place to get a 110v heater that I can install on my oil pan? How many watts do most people use? I saw Summit has a Moroso that is 212 watts, it was recommended for 12 quarts of oil, doesn't seem like enough for 5-6 gallons of oil. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: oil pan heater? August 24, 2011 02:40PM
Kat's 300 watt heater

Re: oil pan heater? August 24, 2011 03:03PM
Take a look around here. I use them on my vehicles. I see the model 80 is made for 24-48 quart pans. However it says its only 100 watts. This has to be a misprint because the model 16 that I use for 5-13 quart pans is 250 watts. I've had good luck with them.
Bob Boyd

[www.wolverineheater.com]

Re: oil pan heater? August 25, 2011 03:54AM
I was looking for something with an element that went into the oil that I could thread into the oil pan, and just plug in when I need to. I currently have one in the rearend of the tractor, but don't know where it came from because it was on the rearend when I bought it.

Re: oil pan heater? August 25, 2011 05:28AM
Thoes kind of elements are not a heaters. It is a maintainer for already warmed up oil. If it were an element it would cook the oil and become caked with crud. They are used in the winter when you are done for the day and put er back in the shed.

Re: oil pan heater? August 25, 2011 05:38AM
We just used a IH block heater element purchased at the local dealer. It will get the oil hot enough in a couple of hours that you cant touch the pan and even the valve cover is warm.

Re: oil pan heater? August 25, 2011 08:51AM
They make heaters that are self contained, you just screw them in and your done. I'll check to see if I can find the brand name.

Re: oil pan heater? August 25, 2011 03:44PM
Deutz used one that screwed in the drain plug hole. MACK

Re: oil pan heater? September 07, 2011 01:48PM
Anyone come up with a heater than screws in to the oil pan drain plug? Thanks

Re: oil pan heater? September 08, 2011 01:02AM
I have some used ones that I would sell. Send me an e-mail at elikers@embarqmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,873, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM