Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 30, 2011 09:05AM
The Nebraska Power Pullers and the Nebraska Bush Pullers will be both be pulling at Junction Motor Speedway this coming Friday, September 2. Be there by 7:00PM to ensure you don't miss any action as the NPPA finishes off it's season and decides the points championships. This will be the second to last hook for the NBPI tractors.

We look forward to seeing a large turnout for this pull that will have some of the nastiest 2wd, 4x4, and Diesel trucks along with all of those high powered tractors.

Chris Vanatta
NPPA Secretary
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 30, 2011 11:35PM
I guess that means that the Nebraska Truck & Tractor Pullers are not part of the show this year? I wonder if some of those tractor guys will go anyway since it's closer.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 01:48AM
That is correct. Luckily between the NPPA Trucks and Tractor class and the NBPI Tractor classes the NTTPA guys/gals could probably fit into a class fairly easily. I am sure you will see one or two of them at McCool.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 02:06AM
i personally know that there are very few bush pullers going just dew to the fact they are making the pullers pay to get in....

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 02:11AM
Not really that I have heard of see ya there.

Brian Fuhr

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 09:37AM
The last several years this has been one of the more enjoyable pulls around for me. Cooler temps, huge seating area, and great turnout of tractors. Bush pullers +Neb Tractor Pullers is a great show. Sub in the Power pullers and its still a great show. Nice when some Outlaw friends stop by. Sure the track isn't the greatest, but it's always been a good show. Hasn't missed a beat from when it was an Outlaw event, really.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 02:58AM
Bush Puller, we heard the same thing. We don't like it but at least we knew ahead of time unlike West Point. Really though if they can't afford the $15.00 maybe they should stay home.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 05:01AM
I hope that Some of trucks and tractors do show up and support this pull and both groups... Thats how it should be!!!!

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 05:25AM
I heard that at least for the Power Pullers, the hook fees will be waived. So it still costs the same. Couldn't the bush pullers do something similar?

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 06:30AM
NBPI is waiving entry to help with this as well!

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 06:47AM
Who wants to see a bunch of babies blow smoke through there 3 inch hole anyway

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 07:49AM
Me and 1000's like me...

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 07:52AM
Correct me if im wrong but isnt there some sort of bylaw in the NBPI rule book that states that there will be 4 people per tractor allowed into the pull for free? If you think about it the promotor at McCool is getting his show for a lesser price of all the other promotors because he was allowed to charge the pullers $20 a head to get in..... so maybe the promotor cant afford the pull and pry shouldnt be having one. If i were other fair boards that have had a NBPI pull i would be pissed to see that McCool is getting there show for less money. The pullers themselves should not be funding there own prize money and the cost of the show considering they are the ones there putting on the show for the fans, i do know this is a race track and racers fund there own prize money (which is dumb) but this is a tractor pull not a race.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE August 31, 2011 08:21PM
They charge pullers to get in [put on the show], because they can. They probly wouldn't charge Reba to get in tho!

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 12:55AM
Last year they charged 20 bucks per child to get my 1 year old and 3 year old daughters in. Had 4 passes but that was 6 people. What a crock.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 02:20AM
many times there is almost more tractors pulling than there is people in the stands anyway...charging the pullers is the only way they can afford it

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 04:37AM
idk who this Bush Puller guy is but last year they had a good crowd!! i bet the stands where half to 3 quarters full last year!! heard theres more people at the tractor pull then there is on a normal night of racing there!!

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 05:02AM
Bush Puller.. How can they charge 20 bucks for a 1 and a 3 year old to get into the pits when they dont know how many people are going to be in the stands ?? So your theory on the "Pullers" need to pay to help the show out doesnt fly very well ..

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 10:22AM
Bush puller: if the promotor cant afford the pull without charging the pullers they shouldnt be having a pull.. when you go there and pull and drop $100 to get you and your crew into the pits you are funding your own prize money... just a thought

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 11:25AM
we are waisting time debating this on the internet. when you pull up to the admission gate on friday, let the owners know that this is a screw job. its not that much money, but it makes every other promoter earlier in the season look foolish. either boycott it ,or let the owners know that pullers should not be penalized for the actions of car racers and their 10 person pit crews

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 12:55PM
maybe it will rain at 7.10 then the promoter can cancel the pull, collect insurance, keep the gate money , and keep the money he charged the pullers to PUT ON THE SHOW. if there is a cloud in the sky, stay home

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 02:20PM
Tractor Pullers spend an unbelievable amount of money on their haulers, tractors, and fuel but that doesn't stop most of them from driving all over the country. The reason you do this is because you LOVE to tractor pull. If you are in it for the MONEY, you are in the wrong sport. Try professional golf. All this complaining about a little gate fee is ridiculous. There is no hook fee, so get over it and quit complaining. If you don't want to go, stay home. The comment about this pull is ridiculous. Acting like a bunch of five year olds. Like I said before, If the little old gate fee bothers you, STAY THE HELL HOME.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 02:36PM
you missed the point. one promoter gets a better deal because of past exp.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 02:45PM
Are you an officer in the BUSH organization? Were you at the fairboard convention to discuss with the promoters each pull? If you know the details of all the other fair board contracts, please enlighten us. Talk to any organization, regarding any contract, and you will always find something different in the contracts. An example would be who builds the track, who supplies the pull back tractors etc.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 01, 2011 02:56PM
Ok i have been around dirt tracks and have a pulling tractor and i'm almost sure the reason for the gate fee is people that stop short of the gate and put 15 people in their trailer. Look at things from a business perspective if i knew people were screwing me out of money i'd charge everyone too. Go ahead fire away.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 12:25AM
No lie there. That happened a few years ago when it was still an Outlaw hook earlier in the pulling season. We got there to go in and they told us the pull was cancelled due to "rain". As we were leaving, I saw dust blowing in the bean field east of the track!

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 02:16AM
its not that paying is hurting us but its just the principle of it...pullers shouldnt have to pay to get in...if they have to pay y even give us those passes

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 03:00AM
Did mccool get any rain today

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 03:07AM
if it did rain, im sure freezen will have equipment to tow you. ha ha ha. but you will be charged another hook fee

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 03:08AM
This something that we need to discuss at our meeting this winter on how we want to handle this in the future. I don’t think that whining about this on the internet is the best representation for our organization or for our event.
We need to remember that besides this being a competition we are also selling a show, and when we have post like this for our fans to read it could hurt our attendance, if we lose fans then we loose the promoter and the event, once we start loosing events then there is not much reason to have the tractor .
Its set this way for now so lets all go pulling this evening and have a good time and put on a good show for the fans, because without the fans there’s no reason to have a pull

Have a great day
Mike Langan

Mike Langan
402-910-6949

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 03:27AM
This has spiraled out of control and I couldn't agree more with Mike. I put this post up to help promote the pull and both clubs. Lets have some fun pulling tonight or doing whatever you would like to do if you are that against paying the $15.00 entrance fee and quit whining about it on the internet. It does nothing for the clubs involved, the pull/promoter, or the sport of pulling.

I look forward to seeing a good turnout of trucks and tractors tonight that will make some noise and blow some smoke for the fans of Central Nebraska.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 05:03AM
Well Said Chris and Mike.

See ya this afternoon

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 03, 2011 02:09AM
The Northwest Missouri State Fair at Bethany, MO had their pull the same night as the McCool pull. They might be interested in a Bush pull next year. It might be possible to schedule Bethany and Unionville, MO. on the same week end to reduce travel. Probably could pull Bethany on a Friday night stay in Bethany and drive over to Unionville Saturday. Just food for thought as you plan for next year. Wife and I drove 4 hours and ran into rain 15 miles south of McCool. Got there and they were dragging rigs out of the pits. Oh well...

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 06:01AM
very well said . AMEN

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 07:25AM
We just got are tractor back together this week ,Tire burning track & going to pay to get in , Count me out !

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 03:51PM
Did this get rained out then? were any classes ran??

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 02, 2011 04:23PM
Yeah it got rained out didnt even start was pouring as we drove into town at 7.

Re: Pulling in McCool Junction, NE September 03, 2011 06:03AM
You could come to Diagnal Ia. Sunday 3:30. Should have class for you, it's always a big pull with lots if good iron, tractors and pickups. Info 641-344-5499.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009