IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 02, 2011 04:17AM
I Had a flashback of a video i saw on America's funniest home video's as a kid. back when Bob Saget was the host, of a IHC tractor with a narrow front poping a huge wheelie at the start of a pull. it drop back down so hard that the tractor broke in 1/2 ... dose any one know of this early 90' crash? Or where i could find that video again? All this talk of vintage pulling lately on this board mad me think of this...

Any info would be cool..

Thanks, Al

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 02, 2011 06:36AM
i believe it was at the mile branch grange in alliance,ohio

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 02, 2011 03:03PM
I'm working on getting it on here. Its on Facebook, but its not hosted by Youtube or a site like that so i'm having trouble getting it on here. But my son loves the video and we watch it all the time. Its only 15 seconds but the tractor completly bust all up. The driver jumps off the seat and runs.

Thanks
Justin

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 02, 2011 04:52PM
Chris Ruegg pulling a 1066 at Wayne county fair local pull in Wooster Oh. Happened in the early 90's

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 11:07AM
I Finally got it.......

I hope this is the one your talking about.......I had to download it and then upload it to Youtube.com myself.....

Thanks,

Justin

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 11:31AM
it was stil running!! wow

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 12:03PM
That would make a helluva ad for Depends! LMAO

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 03:12PM
Look at all the wheel weights and weights ahead of rear tires.

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 03:15PM
And now we see where the rules for wheelie bars, tie bars, and air shutoffs come from.

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 03:18PM
I actually think thats why the 16,500 Heavy weight class went bye bye. That tractor had alot of weight on it. Many of these tractors they setup to run as many weight classes as they could. So they striped them down and replaced parts with lighter metals but when it came time for the heavy class they didn't replace the parts, they just straped more weights on.

just my thoughts

Justin

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 03, 2011 03:38PM
True. Wouldn't be too bad for a heavier tractor but for a -66 IH? I believe that's when you say YDI - You Deserved It.

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 05, 2011 08:29AM
my dad was two tractors after him. it was anything but funny. its a wonder no one got hurt. i was about 8 years old in the stands and remember someone running back up to it to shut it off.i am 22 now and will never forget this pull.

Ed Carmichael video September 05, 2011 08:38AM
Wonder if anyone has the video of Ed carmichael interview on terre haute ind. tv station. Similar situation but not as bad results. If my memory serves me right the farm broadcaster for the noon news went to interview him and he revved it up dumped the clutch and stood it up then came down breaking the front end the sent the weights flying.

Re: Ed Carmichael video September 06, 2011 07:08AM
Ed is a good friend of mine back then, and now. While he no longer pulls, he doesn't like being reminded of that incident. I do remember the noon day news and the wheelie he "Popped". If memory serves me correctly, he knocked the wide front end out from under it. I can't remember though if it was advertizing for the Vigo County Fair, or an interview.
The interviewer could have been Tom McClanahan (WTWO-NBC/Channel 2), Wayne Jenkins (WTHI-CBS/Channel 10), or John Shepard (WTWO-NBC/Channel 2). Each one of those gentleman had noon day interviews. John Shepard and Wayne Jenkins mainly did agricultural news. I do remember back in about 1974 or early "75", Tom McClanahan did an interview with Ed about his tractor and another with Mack Bohn on his Modified tractor. That was done just before Mack put the second BBC in his "flipped upside down" F-30.
There was also and interview done by John Shepard with Mike Miller from Greenup Illinois. I think it was done on his modified tractor just before he tried three turbines. I seriously doubt if the TV stations still have the videos. My wife use to work at TV-2 and she said that most videos were copied over after they aired back then. I wish I had them to look at and post. Ah, the memories! That was back when anyone could be successful with a tractor and not have to spend their lifes savings! There was more to it than how big your pocket book was.

One Sick Puppy

Re: Ed Carmichael video September 06, 2011 10:08AM
Sorry puppy wasnt trying to drag up bad memories. I myself have met ed a few times at the sullivan adm elevator and i never asked him about it. Always a great guy that i looked up to back in the day. I thought maybe it was wthi channel ten that done it and maybe a guy named corky or something was the interviewer. Anyhow thanks for the reply.

Re: IHC nf broke apart on old AFVideo's September 06, 2011 04:22AM
Good stuff Justin,

Thats the one i was thinking about

Thank again
:-)
Al

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,795, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member CBeard