10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 04, 2011 04:20AM
Just wanted to thank all the pullers and KTPA for a very successful night at Leitchfield KY last night. There were 13 of the best hot farm tractors around showed for the class, and they put on a great show with Tim Hornback winning the class. The class was very competitive and everyone had a great time. We would like to thank the Grayson co. fair board and Ktpa For giving us this opportunity to pull with them and hope it will be an annual thing. A special thanks to Lloyd Lamb for bring his RPM box and helping with the class. Again thank every one involved in making this happen. Thanks Kenneth Hiser.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 04, 2011 06:08AM
Our prospects look real good for next year Kenneth,thanks for your help.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 04, 2011 06:15PM
Glad to hear you all had a good turnout, wish I could've been there as well. Nice seeing this class develop like it has and is pretty durn competitive.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 05, 2011 07:19AM
Would you guys be interested incoming to Lafayette Tn on Sept 10th.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 05, 2011 10:11AM
I cant answer for everyone, but probally most of us will go to the Stanford Ky B.O.B.pull. Still would love to come down and pull with you guys. Still depends on the weather and so on. Please let us know when your having a pull and well try and be there. Lanny Highbaugh, Dixie Binder Gang.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 05, 2011 10:04PM
I am with Lanny on this,I will be going to Stanford if they have it. Don't forget us though we love to come down there. Thanks to everybody that made Lietchfield and Hardinsburg a success for 10000 lb Hot Farm. I believe we have a future class with KTPA.Special thanks to Lanny Highbaugh and Kenneth Hizer it seems they are the 2 that has worked the hardest to get this class going with KTPA.If and when KTPA puts this classon board I hope that KTPA and BOB will work together so not to have conflict with schedule. I wish that all of the pulling series would work together, so we could all have more hooks.Not just our class but all classes. Thanks Pulloff for the space.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 12:30AM
A little cooperation in this state regarding a few classes like Hot Farm (first class at one location, last at another) will go a long way...wink wink....Hot Farm is booming here, and lots of room to grow and scheduling it without some cooperation could thin class numbers without reason. Just an opinion....

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 01:54AM
Well said Bryan . The different associations need to share info and try to work together to strengthen classes instead of destroy them. There is room for everybody if we work together. We also need to work at standardizing the rules from one association to another so we have one set of solid rules that everybody runs by. Thanks Bryan for the interest in this class and it is always good to hear your opinions on pulling.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 12:18PM
What are the differences in the rules? Just curious, not trying to start anything.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 12:51PM
p pump was added by bob and orvtpa has more saftey equpment ski bars steel flywheel rollcage and tractors c.i. measured before you can pull no P pump everything else pretty much the same

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 12:58PM
Thanks. Would think the P-pump rule would be cheaper in the long run. safety equipment is a good idea too!

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:37AM
With 3 clubs running your class next year (ORVTPA KTPA BOCool all it is really going to do is kill the class for all 3 of the clubs. Look at the LLS and ProFarm. On the nights that all the clubs have hooks numbers are low for everyone and no one gets a GREAT show! i like the class but i think you guys are trying to get to big to fast. I do agree that the rules should be the same with all of the clubs but thats a whole nother can of worms there. And the clubs have been getting better about working with everyone this year BUT I mean you all went to ORV to pick the class up, they did, gave you double the $$ that others were paying and most didnt really give then any support, is that what is going to happen when KTPA picks the class up?...you all might want to take care of the ones who took are of you b4 you all jump ship. Remeber when the grass looks greener...its just grass (and the getting home at 4am will get OLD)

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 10:09AM
Dear looking in, as for me orvtpa was never an option because they had a different set of rules and I couldn't run with them and many others couldnt also, and most of their pulls are so far away for many of us. At least bob and ktpa are on the same playing field and using the same set of rules and have pulls in the area of more of us . Were not out to make anyone suffer but we like pulling closer to home also. If the clubs will work together in scheduling I personally dont think it will hurt any of them. I am sure you are an orvtpa fan and I have no problem with that but we the pullers are the ones with the tractors and should be able to pull with who we want.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 01:56PM
You all should. All im saying is it wont look good on anyone when there is 4 tractors at a pull next year. Have fun with that! And has KTPA set the rules for the class yet?

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 02:13PM
the ktpa has not added the hot ferm to there club. i added it to the hardinsburg show as a added class. the ktpa has not even talked about adding the class. dwight allen

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:36PM
There will always be some hooks during the year that have more tractor than others, look at the other tractor class the llss, and profarm classes I have been to pulls where they had 3&4 tractors in the class but the assocation are still put those classes in. tractors break, some people dont like to travel 2 hr to pull, fuel is high , work schedules get in the way all of these thing affect attendence. Most of us pull as much as we can afford, to what you have to remember is its our choice where and when we go pulling

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:51PM
I agree 100 % kennth these three clubs need to work together, on the scheduling instead of working against each other, most of us just want to pull no matter which club or where we just want to hook to the sled and have a good time and enjoy some good competition.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 01:33AM
Try 5:30 AM, and I agree with what you said.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 06, 2011 11:36PM
Michael,how can I contact you? My # is 270-268-8986

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 03:57AM
Only got one complaint, If KTPA sanctions the class they need to speed up there show!!! It takes way to long to between hooks. It is to hard to drive 3 hours to a hook and not get to hook til 2 am. Other than that great group and great class!!!! Happy Pullin

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 10:48AM
Here we go again .Once again the class goes through unknown drama. Tractor are kinda thin some night if another or all 3 clubs run the same night what are we going to have 5-6 tractors or less at a pull as a fairboard member I sure would not like writting a check for that. So will this kill a class that is getting great feedback from fairboards .So who going to change the rules again to get tractors.Not blamming the indiana boys they just want to pull but the clubs are diffrent Whats next innercoolers -540 cubes or bigger bigger chargers? Money sure is tight these days and pullers cant keep dumping money into a hobby.So if this does go to a 3 club class we have got to stand up for our class and the RULES WE HAVE NOW. Remeber this class started here lets keep it that way

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 04:50PM
Just my opinion, but I think it would help the class to make it rotary and A-pumps can run intercoolers or you can run a p-pump with no intercooler. That would level the playing field more power wise and still let everybody compete.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:21PM
Why would we want to allow the apump tractor to have an intercooler. Apparently you havent been watching the class very closely the apump tractors are winning now, 3 out of the top 5 tractors at lietchfield where a pump tractors are rules are just fine the way they are.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 05:04PM
Well I have to say I was a little upset with KTPA. I showed up to the pull Saturday night and was protested 15 minutes after I got there to a class that was just an added class and didn't even have rules other than using BOB safety requirements. Let me say on my behalf I wasn't trying to hind anything and was told it was ok just two days before on a phone call with Brandon Cox. But I will say Brandon was very nice about the whole deal even though I was a little upset because of driving two hours to a pull and not hooking for money so my tractor stayed in the trailer. I just think Brandon shouldn't let the pullers in the class over rule what he said two days before the pull. So to whoever was doing the crying last Saturday night to keep me out of YOUR class enjoy it I assure u I won't be back. But I will be at the Edmonton Ky pull this coming Saturday night if you want to grow a pair and come get some cause that cry baby stuff won't work there.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:14PM
Here we go again, it was posted early in the week at ktpa would be adding the hotfarm class and that we would be running the bob rules which aree p pump 2.75 charger 3000 rpms and no intercoolers

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 09:45PM
Glad to see your going to edmonton to pull your over 500ci intercooled tractor against a bunch of farm stock tractors, I love how us 10000 lb hotfarm guys are a bunch of cry babies because we stick to our rules and enforce them, im sorry jamie that you built your tractor to run the open class with big blocks, but that was you choice.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 07, 2011 11:50PM
You might be careful who you invite to Edmonton, Stanford could be called off,and seems like one certain tractor at LaGrange smoked your little Deere. Just saying.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 12:10AM
Yes i did get beat by one of the BOB tractors at LaGrange and never said that I would have even placed at Leitchfield but I was told I could run and that's what should have happened.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 12:48AM
Man, I sure didnt think all this trouble would come from adding a class for fun. I guess to address some of these concerns, first off the show was pretty long with a total of 147 hooks. With that being said we had to rebuild the track before the KTPA classes started to make sure we had a FAIR track for all PULLERS. Then as far as between classes we where trying to let the track crew keep the track in the BEST condition as possilble. Also remember all track personal and volunteers had been there in that 100 degree HEAT all day!!
As for MR HUNT I'M SORRY IF I MISS INFORMED YOU, but I told you that I didnt know much about the class. I understood that your tractor was the same as these other guys, but when you got there you ask me who was in charge of the class and I told you to see MR HISER. He is the main reason this class was added. Again I'm sorry for any trouble I caused you. The issue whether KTPA is going to add the class has not been talked in any meeting only as puller talk. All of these kinds of questions and discussion will take place at our annual GENERAL MEETING. Thanks

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 02:37AM
GEE-LOUISE never thought a simple thank you to the people who deserved it would turn in to this. As for Mr. Hunt get a set of balls and either build for a class or find a class that fits you insteadof running around trying to pull where you dont fit the rules. I bet you even try to run farm stock if you can get away with it. We had a great class with 13 great tractors, as for the whole show the spectators certanly got their money,s worth and in taking up for KTPA and the fair board I thank they did a great job considering they were working in 100 degree temps all day. I will admit the show went a little late but they had alot of hooks ant worked very hard to maintaain the track. Again thanks KTPA and the grayson co. fair board!!!

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 03:43AM
Seems like there is always someone who dont like the rules that this group has,most of us has been pulling togather for the last 7 or 8 years and have developed this class into what it is now. This is a great , somewhat economical, very competitive class,we dont need to change our rules to acomidate people who have built tractors to run brush or outlaw. If anyone wants to run with us all you have to do is read our rules and adjust your tractor to fit. We would be glad to have more tractors and compitition to improve the class even farther,just stay within the rules. Thanks, Lanny Highbaugh, owner Dixie Binder

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 03:55AM
Here's the thing. Like many of the guys here have said they have been pulling together for almost 8 years now. They are a great group of guys that are HIGHLY competitive but don't hesitate to help one another if need be. They always put on a great show and have improved the class by leaps and bounds. ANY club would be lucky to have them show up at pull because the fans love them to. But if the clubs want them they need to start working together to schedule separate nights and have a UNIFORM set of rules. I know this can be difficult because when a fair board wants a club there they aren't going to hesitate to add it to the schedule and it could double book the class between two clubs. But at the end of the day the tractors don't belong to the clubs they belong to the pullers so it is their choice where they go to pull. I'm just saying if any of the clubs wants a good show they are going to have to come to an agreement. And as for the gentleman who couldn't pull last saturday. Get with the program, follow the rules or don't bother. No special circumstances should be allowed for just you. sorry. We like these tractors and aren't willing to see the class get over taken by ANYONE.
Any 10,000 hot farm guys... Keep up the great work! Everyone loves seeing ya'll pull.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 04:02AM
Hey Kenney don't get to worked up you will never be able to satisfy everyone. You and the crew down there did a great job with the track and making a great event for the pullers considering the temp that day. And the numbers in the class are showing the popularity of the class. By the way Gone again is running great!!!! Keep up the good work and dont let anybody get you down. See you at the B.O.B. pull this weekend!!!!

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 08:15AM
great job kenneth. as for the guy with the deere, all we could have done to accomidate you was to run a 10,000 run wat you brung but some didnt want to push the issue cause the pull was running late. i will pull against you anytime and not cry about it. just saying!!!

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 08, 2011 09:10AM
I know u would hambone no hard feelings here ur tractor beat mine at LaGrange and I had a good time. And to answer Mr. Hiser I don't run in farm classes its an altered farm class.

Re: 10,000 hot farm at leitchifield ky very successful September 09, 2011 02:03AM
Just hook em! Be legal and have fun! This is a good class, lots of color and competition.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM