John Deere ? September 26, 2011 05:09AM
Guys I am wanting to remove the front hydralic pump from my 4430. I am still using the trans pump to run my wet clutch. So I no longer need to put oil up to the front of the tractor that goes to the main pump and oil cooler from the regulating housing since I am removing those items. My question is do I just route the oil from the point that the metal line went up the frame rail straight to the top of the clutch housing, that is where it goes after leaving the oil cooler. Just looking for the correct way to do this so I dont tare anything up. Thanks for any help

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 10:31AM
208 hits and no one has any input?

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 10:49AM
Do you still have your factory steering valve/motor and brakes? Might need more psi to operate these items than the tranny pump can put out.

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 11:18AM
I dont plan to use the trans pump to run the steering or the brakes I have a other plans for that. I just want some ideas on what to do with the oil supply that was going to the main pump. I dont think just capping it off would be the best idea but im not sure what the best way to reroute it is.

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 11:43AM
I don't really know what the correct way is. I put a restriction in the line, and then returned it to the transmission housing cover (I welded a fitting in). Mine has been this way with no problems for 8 years.

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 12:08PM
why the restriction and how much of one. I guess I was thinking it would be a problem not to have any oil going to the oil cooler return check valve for lube but sounds like you are getting along ok not putting oil back in that location.

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 01:14PM
Just hook the two lines together, out from valve to cooler return, thats were the oil goes when the pump is off stroke on a stock tractor.

Re: John Deere ? September 26, 2011 11:11PM
cap it off completely all the oil that goes to the main pump will just go back to sump with no problems

Re: John Deere ? September 27, 2011 03:12AM
thanks for the the replys

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009