weight classes and rulesw September 26, 2011 10:02AM
why have weight classes when everytime you hook somewere the scales are off 150 pounds something needs to be done thats no different than haveing a 3x3charger rule and just saying whoevers got the biggest we will all just move up to them tonight weight can give huge advanteges to the stronger tractor in any class especiely the ones that barelymake the weight and knowone never says lets drop a 100tonight and most every one knows what there veihical realy weighs already

Re: weight classes and rulesw September 26, 2011 10:18AM
150 pounds is less than 2% error at 8000 pounds. I don't know how much better you'll get a set of portable scales to be that are never sitting on level concrete, and are always being banged up and down the highway. I believe the ITPA (Illinois tractor pullers association) counts all of your weights when you go through your yearly registration and it's written right on your vehicle ID sticker. Then the techs can look at your decal and count the weights on your tractor to ensure you're playing fair. I'm not sure if they use a scale to verify at each event or what, I have seen some ITPA tractors out and about, but have not been to one of their events to witness the procedure.

Re: weight classes and rulesw September 26, 2011 11:32AM
I was at a pull where they have a permanent scale set up this summer. I pre-wieghed for a 5700# class (was starting with a new set up on the tractor and didn't really know what it weighed) and the scale operator told me I was right on. I went back to the pit and all we did was stand there and watch the pull and look at the tractor, and when they called my class and I hit the scale I was 50# over. The scale guy was nice enough to let me pull forward and back on the scale to see if it made any difference and the tractor only got heavier! So we laughed while I threw one weight off by the scale and went and pulled. Luckily for me I was able to talk my brother into carrying it back for me lol! (it was only a 75 anyway) I wonder what good does counting weights do when there are aluminum and fiberglass ones available that are cast with the same molds that the iron ones are?

Re: weight classes and rulesw September 26, 2011 12:10PM
one thing is for sure no cast weights will get swapped for aluminum at the track in a recent post it was mentiond to weigh so many tractors from each classat the begening of the year on certified scales and use them for a refference if needed if the certified tractor weighs 4700 pounds in the 5000 pound class then every one leaves the scales at 4700 pounds

Re: weight classes and rulesw September 27, 2011 02:04PM
we have been haveing those same problems were i pull you have plugs to check turbos tractors get checked scales should get checked also

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,944, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,031.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009