John Deere Planetaries September 28, 2011 12:53PM
I am building a Big Block JD for a 640ci Pro Farm Class Want to know what to do to trans/planetaries. I have seen guys running planetaries off of JD Skidders which i was told sped them up? Dont know if i need to do this or if i can get the speed out of a 3/4 speed trans? I talked to a guy pulling at the local fair, ITPA pull, a couple of years ago and he said the slowest gear he pulls in is road gear but i didnt ask about his planetaries. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks JC

Re: John Deere Planetaries September 28, 2011 02:10PM
I would suggest leaving the stock 5-1 planetaries on it and getting any speed you need by overdriving the transmission gears. It is leass stress on everything that way.

Re: John Deere Planetaries September 29, 2011 12:03AM
Thanks for the response KTA, what your saying makes sense to me. If i get a 3/4 speed trans from say Profab do i need to do anything to the diff like in the sbjd's?

Re: John Deere Planetaries September 29, 2011 02:39AM
Yes if you needle the diff it will help to keep the tractor going straight and you won't have to use the brakes as much. i just did one for a small block and a big block. They aren't that bad to do.

Re: John Deere Planetaries September 29, 2011 10:56PM
I am assuming when you needle it that is the best time to put in a high speed trans all at once? KTA my email is mfd1221@aol.com if you want to email me since you are the only one that responded, I may have more questions. Thanks JC

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason