big iron charity pull September 29, 2011 01:19PM
There will be a charity pull including, tractors all classes,pickups all classes and big rigs all classes, this charity pull is sponsored by Convoyforthekids.com and will benifit the families and farmers devestated by the September floods, we are doing this because as neighbors and friends we need to take care of our own, The event will be at the Fonda fair grounds October 29 and 30th this is a weekend event camping for rvs is available below are the fees and a tentative list of events days and times, let me thank all of you for sending us to the site! you are the folks that will help us help those in need and with winter coming these families and farmers have needs right now! and FEMA and The RED CROSS simply cant do what we can thanks all and we cant wait to meet some of you and have some fun the way pulling was ment to be BRING WHAT YA GOT PULL IT those are pretty much the rules simple and FUN to help our neighbors! www.convoyforthekids.com

Tractors will start at 5500 pound class up to 15500 with enhanced classes starting at 8500 for super stock
Those that qualify on Saturday the 29th will go on to compete in the main event Sunday evening
Fee 50.00 flat donation 10 dollars a hook and hook as many times as many classes as you want

Pickups will be running in different classes but will be spots for stock street mod, diesel and 1 or two others we are working on

Fee for pick ups same and same 10 a hook

Semis Charlie Knoblalel is running this class with charlie Claburn 3 classes thunder lightning open same fees same 10 a hook and as many classes as you like.

All classes all divisions are first threw third but awards to seventh place will be given, we are working on a very small budget this year as we have spent alot on flood victim relief and the kids convoy, we hope to build this into an annual event to aid those in need as the need arises faith hope and charity and having fun this event is not being run by the Fonda fair, we are running simple rules brining back sportsmanship fun and family to an event and a sport that was ment to be fun as we said BRING WHAT YOU GOT may the best tractor win those are the only rules except saftey that will remain our first priority!
The proceeds will be distributed base on need by our board of vols and all proceeds with stay here in our northeast area.

For more ifo call Chuckie 518-993-2122 or charlie 518-812-7969 Rick at 518-332-2761 or email claburncharles@gmail.com

www.bigironcharitypull.webs.com www.convoyforthekids.com

Re: big iron charity pull September 29, 2011 04:27PM
The Sled that weekend is one of richard loves sleds out of pa

Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ September 30, 2011 01:36AM
Charlie,

Thanks for posting all the information in regards to the benefit pull at the Fonda fairgrounds. What is the cost for spectators?
Good Luck and I can't wait to see some pulling!!!! Scott Friers

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ September 30, 2011 05:51AM
any chance you can get some of nytpa tractors, hayes,standard, etc. and maybe a few mods. for sun? love's sled can handle them. you don' have to put the weight to them, just let them hook and run for a good show. these tractors will make for more spectators.

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ September 30, 2011 07:59AM
Kim Hayes and the Iron Eagle will be there. I've posted the information on facebook so hopefully the local nytpa guys will make a trip to Fonda for one last hook!!!!

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 01, 2011 05:09AM
sure would be nice to get them out to help fellow farmers and our families

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 03, 2011 03:42AM
Burt and I plan on bringing Determination to the pull . Hopefully we can pit somewhere that the fans can come and check the tractors out up close . Will talk to some of the other teams about coming.

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 03, 2011 04:33AM
Great news!!!! Hope a few NYTPA drivers support the event. I believe Kim Hayes and the Iron Eagle will be there as well.

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 03, 2011 03:07PM
we will be doing something like an open pit at some point in the day we want folks to know more about the sport spark more interest and make them feel like part of it!

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 01, 2011 02:04AM
$8.00 adults, kid under 14 free.

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 01, 2011 02:57AM
Do you have the times this will kick off?
Thanks

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 01, 2011 03:15AM
Our intention is to start saturday with the tractor classes at or around 10am 11am but no later

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 01, 2011 01:07PM
food and drink consessions?

Re: Fonda(NY) Fairgrounds Benefit Pull Info ^ October 02, 2011 05:50AM
we have it covered but any one who wishes to set up should call me as i would like two pit side for the participants

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 05:53AM
We also want to try and help with christmas coming and funds surley short for these families, to help santa by brining one toy for the childrens toy drive for those flood victims,christmas is suppossed to be a happy time and for many it wont be, we should at least make sure these kids have a great christmas thanks all lords blessings to all of you who are helping.

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 09:11AM
This sounds like a great pull and getting back to the fun part love it we will be there with others from northern pa! it was great talking with you its agreat cause!

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 09:12AM
thanks we hope everyone enjoys it look forward to meeting you there

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 01:33PM
Are you allowing the antique tractors to pull as well? If so, I'll come with my 58 Friday. Please advise. Thank you. George Randall Granby, MA

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 01:52PM
the answer is yes so let more of the antique guys know we will have a class for anyone who has enough tractors which means at least three in that class I do not have alot of connections in that area so if you could reach out to ct and vt ny we will accomadate this class with pleasure

Re: big iron charity pull October 02, 2011 05:12PM
Convoy for the kids
There will be a charity pull including, tractors all classes,pickups all classes and big rigs all classes, this charity pull is sponsored by Convoyforthekids.com and will benifit the families and farmers devestated by the September floods, we are doing this because as neighbors and friends we need to take care of our own, The event will be at the Fonda fair grounds October 29 and 30th this is a weekend event camping for rvs is available below are the fees and a tentative list of events days and times, let me thank all of you for sending us to the site! you are the folks that will help us help those in need and with winter coming these families and farmers have needs right now! and FEMA and The RED CROSS simply cant do what we can thanks all and we cant wait to meet some of you and have some fun the way pulling was ment to be BRING WHAT YA GOT PULL IT those are pretty much the rules simple and FUN to help our neighbors! www.convoyforthekids.com

Tractors will start at 5500 pound class up to 15500 with enhanced classes starting at 8500 for super stock
Those that qualify on Saturday the 29th will go on to compete in the main event Sunday evening
Fee 50.00 flat donation 10 dollars a hook and hook as many times as many classes as you want

Pickups will be running in different classes but will be spots for stock street mod, diesel and 1 or two others we are working on

Semis Charlie Knoblalel is running this class with charlie Claburn 3 classes thunder lightning open same fees same 10 a hook and as many classes as you like.

All classes all divisions are first threw third but awards to seventh place will be given, we are working on a very small budget this year as we have spent alot on flood victim relief and the kids convoy, we hope to build this into an annual event to aid those in need as the need arises faith hope and charity and having fun this event is not being run by the Fonda fair, we are running simple rules brining back sportsmanship fun and family to an event and a sport that was ment to be fun as we said BRING WHAT YOU GOT may the best tractor win those are the only rules except saftey that will remain our first priority!
The proceeds will be distributed base on need by our board of vols and all proceeds with stay here in our northeast area.

For more ifo call Chuckie 518-993-2122 or charlie 518-812-7969 Rick at 518-332-2761 or email claburncharles@gmail.com

Re: big iron charity pull October 03, 2011 02:23PM
Convoy for the kids

Re: big iron charity pull October 08, 2011 02:53PM
is this the right address? 21 South Bridge Street
Fonda New York, 12068

Re: big iron charity pull October 09, 2011 04:50PM
yes its the fonda speedway!

Re: big iron charity pull October 11, 2011 01:35PM
is the money really going to go to the farmers that were washed out?????? as from all my very good inside investigation shows the money from the truck convoys didnt go to the school they were suppose to as i have a child there and no money was ever given to the school!!! ant the convoys were put on by convoy for kidds,i believe we all have a big issue with steeling!!! i think all of us as pullers would rather go to a benefit pull to help those in need before we went else where to pull!!! i dont wanna donate to someones pocket and think we should all see proof of the money dispursement. if this is for real post the proof and let us hear the truth

Re: big iron charity pull October 11, 2011 03:39PM
First we have never contoled a fund raiser for prospect they controled money adds ect second the money we raised this year went to the childrens miracle network, at albany med your apparently not aware of the facts and you sir can find the contact numbers any where on the web, you are free to audit our books checking or accounts check our 501c3 papers and our insurance policys talk to folks we have helped ,as well as any of the sponsors, you seem more like a trouble maker to me than a concerned person so there you are check all you want I also caution you to be very careful posting accusations not having any clue what you are talking about, this could get you in alot of legal trouble. Further should you have any questions again contact any of the folks mentioned icluding the charities lawyers who are listed on the web site!

Re: big iron charity pull October 12, 2011 12:31PM
1st of all i am not a sir and second of all how did u know of the school i was talking about and 2nd of all dont threaten me i asked a simple question and the fact you got upset shows me im right!!!! dont worry we will double check and recheck and will be making those calls!!!!!!!

Re: big iron charity pull October 12, 2011 01:05PM
concerned puller
1st of all i am not a sir and second of all how did u know of the school i was talking about and 2nd of all

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Re: big iron charity pull October 12, 2011 01:26PM
Please explain what money was going to what school? Maybe there is a very good explanation as to what may or may not have happened and with what organization? I was not aware any money from the Convoy for Kids was going to any school. I always believed that the money donated for the convoy was for the miracle network. There was talk of donating money to a local school district but I never heard of the Convoy for Kids being invloved in any way for that donation. I think maybe there is some misinformation in regards to who was donating what to whom.

I believe your questions and concerns would mean more if you were a registered user or posted with an actual name. You questioned the integrity of the organization yet never posted an actual name or registered as a user. If you're willing to question the organization you should at least be willing to post your name and information as the organization has. JMO

Re: big iron charity pull October 16, 2011 01:53AM
How are things comming? Is their alot of interest from the pullers? It sounds like a good time for a great cause!

Re: big iron charity pull October 17, 2011 02:34PM
they are coming all the way from ohio va mass pa its going to be great and alot of fun! so many folks working together! the only negative is one guy out of hundreds iam thinking he is just one of those people you know? but we are putting together one huge showing, we now have a kids area complete with an obstacle course food games the best is yet to come thanks for asking thanks for your thoughts best to you.

Re: big iron charity pull October 19, 2011 09:33AM
that's great news. the only thing i don't see is any advertising for this benefit pull. not everyone knows the pulloff site. you want to bring in the casual pulling fan, the people that go to the fairs. the diehard fans that read this site already know. get the word out. even if the casual fan comes out for this pull and stays a few hrs. or the whole day, sat. and sun. that's more money for this worthwhile benefit. jmo

Re: big iron charity pull October 19, 2011 10:16AM
It may not mean much but the word is out on facebook...drivers, fans, local radio stations, ect have all had this posted on their fb pages. Any additional advertising is always a plus. Should be a great event.....

Re: big iron charity pull October 19, 2011 12:29PM
There's an ad in this weeks Country Folks.

Re: big iron charity pull October 24, 2011 12:25PM
its saying rain what is the plan if this happens??Drinking

Re: big iron charity pull October 24, 2011 12:33PM
It is still five days away anything could change!

Re: big iron charity pull October 24, 2011 11:26PM
why did they wait so late in the year 2 have this pull? would have been nice 2 have had it 2 weekends ago when it was in the 70s and 80s

Re: big iron charity pull October 26, 2011 11:12PM
The weather is looking better! Can't wait!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2011 02:52AM by Biggreenone.

Re: big iron charity pull October 27, 2011 12:32PM
yes it is when they said snow i was getting nervous that would be something to have to plow the track and not drag it!!! Drinking

Re: big iron charity pull October 27, 2011 01:23PM
It just means that the tractors will take the front tires off and pull on the skis...

Re: big iron charity pull October 28, 2011 12:29AM
3-5 inches of snow Saturday? Does not bode well for this event.

CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! October 29, 2011 03:15PM
Pull turned out nice a little cold but track had lots of bite.Pretty cool to see hayes truck driver take his first ride on his new ride the old (Maximum Force) What a sweet machine!

Re: CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! October 30, 2011 01:41AM
Where were all the tractors, I thought there was supposed to be a big turn out!

Re: CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! October 30, 2011 08:58AM
I'm sure the weather had nothing to do with the low turnout of drivers and fans......I know a lot of hard work and $$$ went into making this a great event to aid those affected by the flooding. It's a shame some people choose to look at the negative instead of focusing on what everyone was trying to accomplish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 09:02AM by ScottFriers.

Re: CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! October 31, 2011 01:56PM
Thanks to all, to all the ney sayers wow is all I can say, to those that pulled Awsome showing! The Vandewerts Audets, all the guys from Vt to Burt and the Hayes family you all put on a show yeah saturday was chilly, but the weather let us pull all day the track was great shame we had a smaller showing cause sundays track was perfect, you know i thought more of the folks who came then those that said it would not happen because they were the die hard pullers from all over they pulled for the cause and they pulled for the thrill. it seems I thought anyway if anyone could come together it would be the pullers who do it for the love not the money not the attention, I was right because the guys that pulled up and down that track all day pulled like they were on espn and the stands were full, they pulled for thier fellow man, they pulled for the love of the sport, and myself and the folks involved will never forget it! For those that got snowed in we missed ya! we heard from many of you by phone and we appreciate the calls mother nature had plans of her own but we did ok.
To answer a few questions about timing it was scheduled because of need not convinience, we had very little time three weeks to plan it so look at it this way we had an awsome turn out three weeks planning and it was not the number of tractors it was the quality! we had folks from va from western ny and the videos will show all i mentioned they pulled hard and fast! we had enough equipment to pull from 11:30am to 5:30pm we finished what we started so we are not disappointed at all and all of our pullers loved the way we ran things infact many of the drivers set up the classes the honor system worked, no one got hurt, families and kids in the pits were safe wow if that is not a successsful event what is? and in the end we paid the bills and as of now we will keep working towards our goal of 6000 dollars John deere donated 3000 and if we sell the rest of the t shirts we will get there. But at the end of the day we had a pull in 36 degrees with snow flurries and those that were there said AT LEAST I CAN SAY I PULLED IN THE SNOW! its a memory it was a cause and one we will never forget! thanks to all of you again and all your hard work enjoy the holidays with your families and friends may god bless your goals and dreams and we will see you all in the spring.

Re: CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! November 01, 2011 02:59AM
Charlie had asked me to post this image on here for him.

As you know, the Big Iron Charity Pull had some horrible weather for their event and has some shirts left over. They are still available for purchase. Help the guys out. Proceeds from this event are dog eared for farmers that were hit hard by weather (just like the pull).

So get in touch with them if you want a shirt and help them out!

Contact Charlie Claburn to purchase a shirt
518-812-7969 or feel free to email him at claburncharles@gmail.com

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Friend us on Facebook - [www.facebook.com]

Follow us on Twitter - [www.twitter.com]

Excel Sportswear is an Officially Licensed Supplier of New Holland, Case, Versatile, FFA, Mack Truck, JLG, Honda and BMW Motorrad Apparel

Re: CoolRe: big iron charity pull Maximum Force Edition! November 01, 2011 04:26AM
Thanks everyone for getting in touch marys sorting them now and we have a bunch so we will have a few different sizes

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520