tri state modifieds October 04, 2011 05:53AM
I was recently looking back at some old pictures of tristate pulls from early2000 late 90s. i saw some of the modifieds that are not around anymore. What ever happened to the mods such as looney tunes, making music, and olive oil???? i have been looking nto building a mod to run with tristate possibly and am also possibly looking for a chassis thats part of the reason i ask.

Thanks "oly"

Re: tri state modifieds October 04, 2011 06:46AM
The Looney Tunes and Making Music are Jim McDonalds tractors. I know he has the Looney Tunes not sure about the Making Music. The Olive Oil was Tom Browns. That was sold approximately 5-6 years ago. He now runs the Havin Fun Deere. I do know where there may be 1 or 2 chassis for sale.

Re: tri state modifieds October 05, 2011 03:03AM
Are any of the Mules still around?

Re: tri state modifieds October 05, 2011 03:45AM
Yep. the original mule is back in our possession. May be doing a transplant this winter.

Re: tri state modifieds October 05, 2011 09:35AM
yay, look at them pictures good they dont look any different, still no cages, and barely spinning the tires

Re: tri state modifieds October 05, 2011 09:48AM
Any thought of dropping the mod class and adding a diesel truck class? Only 3 mods at the last few pulls.

Re: tri state modifieds October 05, 2011 12:39PM
What ever happened to the blown mod that ran in the open class? Can't remember his name or the tractor name, but was always tough and a great guy to pull againt.

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 01:17AM
Yay, not sure what your meaning by that?
Big Block Deere, yea everyone had problems but we worked hard to keep as many up and going as we could and if you see the 2wd truck class has been down to 4-5 trucks all year.
Cory S, I believe your thinking of Clarence Pfaff that ran the open class years ago against guys like Lynn and them.

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 03:46AM
I go to a lot of tri state pulls and I think Diesel trucks would be a great addition to the tri state pullers line up ( even if just 1 hook per show ), just like a 2.6 or 2.8 street class then they would have a little bit of everything the class sure seems to be gaining popularity and numbers. Just a thought or my 2 cents.

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 04:41AM
Diesel trucks would be a good thing, any mix of the V-8's and the 2 wheelers that would work out?

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 04:54AM
Or let the mods put another engine on. Something to spin the tires a little faster.

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 12:50PM
how about adding blowers and turbines

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 01:19PM
twin small block's?

Re: tri state modifieds October 06, 2011 02:08PM
id like to see a 3000 rpm pro farm class in there-

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 04:04AM
I agree. There are a lot of people interested in building a 3000 rpm tractor now days. I don't think they should take out the mod class because fans love the noise, just add a class so the pulls last longer than 2 hours. Give the fans there money worth. There is nothing wrong with a pull that last 4 or 5 hours. Maybe add a 3000 rmp class and a pro stock 4x4 class.

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 04:22AM
i no i would most likely bring my tractor if they made a 3000 rpm class and im sure there are a few more that would show up also

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 04:57AM
You guy been to a Tri-State show lately? 3 hrs show at the very least. That is if all goes well and no breakdowns.

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 06:25AM
I'm not saying tri-state puts on a bad show all I'm saying is instead of droppings the mods leave it and add a 3000 rpm and or a prostock truck class. There are a lot of pullers building or have a 3000 rpm tractor and it would be a good class to get going.

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 01:42PM
how bout make the mod class open. 468ci no power no fun to watch . open it up tractors would come

Re: tri state modifieds October 07, 2011 02:16PM
Diesel trucks, every other 20 year old kid has one or his buddy does. They bring the crowd and put on a great show!

Re: tri state modifieds October 08, 2011 02:49AM
I agree a 3.0 diesel truck class would be a good addition to the tri state show. A 3000 rpm class would be ok if it would be the caliber of badger state or the pi hot farm class, but I don't know if you could draw many of them because they are already pretty busy with their own schedules.Just my opinion.

Re: tri state modifieds October 08, 2011 03:15AM
I feel the same about the 3000 rpm class. Plus there is already 3 tractor classes now.

Re: tri state modifieds October 08, 2011 04:00AM
I'm a tractor guy not a big fan of 4x4 trucks unless they blow smoke. I just thought a truck class would be a good idea and same with the 3000 rpm.

Re: tri state modifieds October 08, 2011 06:10AM
with all the clubs out there, are there enought diesels to go around? clubs need 4 - 5 good ones to make a class worth while. do diesels travel? in looking at tristates schedule they travel - mn - wi- ia.. have any diesels ever talked to tristate?

Re: tri state modifieds October 10, 2011 03:54AM
with tri-state having less hook dates and less travel time i think a 3000 class would be huge-

Re: tri state modifieds October 10, 2011 11:54AM
Wondering who is the brains of the Fantasy group? heard they are going to book fantasy pulls over the tri-state club. how stupid is that? Why would you want to destroy two clubs?

Re: tri state modifieds October 10, 2011 03:02PM
i say go for it . if they want more hooks for the classes that dont pull tri state go ahead and do it.make three classes happy instead of two.

Re: tri state modifieds October 11, 2011 12:28AM
it never bothered tri state to book over fantasy hooks

Re: tri state modifieds October 11, 2011 01:00AM
Decisions in fantasy are made by club members. The members turn in the suggestions and the members vote on the outcome. That is the main reason i love pulling with them. I just looked at tri states points and see very few trucks pulling both clubs.Both clubs have ben around some time and will be for awhile yet. And like i stated we are in this as a club and will do what we can to make it bigger and better.

Re: tri state modifieds October 11, 2011 01:45AM
I bet both groups are ruined by this move. I wish someone's egos did not get in the way of what is good for both groups. Maybe the president of Fantasy should run for governor of Iowa, she would fit in with the one in Wisconsin... If they wanted what was best for both clubs, why did her husband drive by a Tri-state pull to go to a pull an hour away.. I guess it is EGO!!!!!

Re: tri state modifieds October 11, 2011 02:01AM
Again the president does not vote. Decisions are made by members. Obviously you are not a member and would know this and are just trying to feel tuff picking on a girl who has no outcome on the votes. We all have seen the big ego and your on the wrong side of the river for that. You want to find out why Rob pulls where he does? Call him 563-580-1258 and ask him. Nice guy to talk to and does'nt bite. Tri- state has way bigger problems than trucks look at the tractor numbers also. Are you on here running them down also? If you are a member of one of these clubs good pullin to ya and if you want real answers call Rob,Tina or someone on the board to answer your questions if your ego will let you.

Re: tri state modifieds October 12, 2011 05:18AM
In my opinion i just want to pull!!!! i have often debated a 3000 rpm tractor and would be more likely to build one if i could go to tri state events and pull were i am from the class has turned into bigger better and no payout so its not worth building something cause they have no rules if there were a set of rules for this class i would build and come pull

Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 11, 2011 02:25AM
bump

Re: Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 13, 2011 01:32PM
well then go to badgerstate tractor pullers they have a 640 pro farm class 3000 rpm it is a great class about 12 of them

Re: Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 14, 2011 05:59AM
I wanna see like a 466 limit 3000 rpm 3x3 turbo rotary pump something any john doe can build and something farley reasonable to build all the classes now a days have tuirned into money games and little guys like me cant afford to get into them

Re: Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 14, 2011 06:27AM
You should get a hamster to help spin the turbo then...maybe even get one for a pusher pump.

Re: Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 14, 2011 09:46AM
Their final standings say that there were 8 and it looks like only 2 made all the hooks.

Re: Start new thread or change topic line!!!!!!!!!!! October 14, 2011 03:36PM
That would be a great class for tri-state.It would fit in great with what they have left.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520