End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 01:48PM
Anyone ever bought any end mill cutters from enco and had good results? If so what brand and type? Looking for some decent ones for aluminium and steel. Thanks

Re: End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 01:59PM
I have bought both TiN coated and HSS. Had what you could call good luck. Just watch your feeds and speeds and keep work temps down and they will be OK. I wouln't recommend them for Hi-speed production type work but for a few cuts here and there they will work.

Re: End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 01:59PM
don't buy their brand because they are cheap china made but they also sell good quality made in usa mills and tool bits that i have had real good luck with and they have pretty good prices on them

Re: End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 02:15PM
You get what you pay for regardless of who you get them from, but even good quality tooling won't last if not suited for the job or run at speeds and feeds it's not intended for. As far as buying from Enco is concerned, I have done business with them for years and every experience has been positive. Great customer service.

Re: End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 02:24PM
Use 2 flute for alum. and 4 flute for steel. If you don't use alot of coolent none of them will last. I have bought from Enco for a long time. MACK

Re: End Mill Cutter October 09, 2011 02:55PM
So what works best for coolant just cutting oil, engine oil, or water soluble oil spray? thanks

Re: End Mill Cutter October 10, 2011 12:50AM
water sulubale oil is what I use with a cool mister sprayer on every thing spray your cutter to keep it cool and everything runs down to the part your cutting

Re: End Mill Cutter October 10, 2011 12:49PM
On aluminum a 2 flute high helix works best. If you are just using a manual mill for simple machining spray WD40 on the end mill ever so often. It works amazing to keep the aluminum from sticking to the end mill. For CNC machining a oil based water soluable coolant is what I use. Like stated above Feeds and Speeds are your best friend for making an end mill last. As far as brands go.. Spend the extra money and get USA brand..

Justin

Re: End Mill Cutter October 10, 2011 02:08PM
You may want to buy some inexpensive end mills to learn on if you are just starting. Cheeper to break a cheeper one than a expensive one. MACK

Re: End Mill Cutter October 10, 2011 02:49PM
Pay attention to which way you feed into the material. If you feed in the direction that the cutter wants to pull itself deeper into the workpiece and you have an older machine that has backlash in the feed screws it will grab and jerk the table toward the cutter. Then you will have a broken cutter.

Re: End Mill Cutter October 10, 2011 02:56PM
We have always liked dormer products. Not cheap but good is HSS. In the end insertable carbide is where you will end up when you get going.Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009