asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 02:44AM
what changes need to be made to the sled to pull on blacktop,and what does thge pan require to prevent wear and damage to the street surface..

Re: asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 04:26AM
Oak timbers under the pan, you can look on youtube for some pulls. Might need to add to the chain or move it up on the pan, for the big tractors.

Re: asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 07:41AM
We pull a lot on asphalt (GT pulling) and with our sled we started to use steer tires from semi's, put them under the pan. It keeps the tractors in the same gears they would use on dirt if not lower - Keeps things alot safer too slows them down (Diesels/ Pro Supers) with the wood we used to use it would let the sled run free and if something went wrong it would skate around, with the rubber it doesn't and if you have a problem it stops!

Re: asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 07:57AM
I also run GTs on asphalt. The club I run with uses oak timbers, and the box has A LOT more weight in it than you'd use on dirt. I'm going to estimate that we take out about 3000-4000 pounds with that sled on dirt.

Re: asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 11:45AM
I believe the one sled in the area uses oak timbers along the bottom, and on the back there is rubber off an old front end loader, but that only touches when they "drop the pan" further down the track for added resistance

Re: asaphalt pulling October 11, 2011 12:36PM
blacktop pulling is comeing back in southwest wisconsin and th midwest sled is a nice ruh hit on the head it does not take muchpower as dirt and it does not tear up tractor antiques work well and the farm stuff does we have pulled 8500open class on blacktop if you waut to a blacktop come to readstown pull for a beifit for chad crock family the classes are 4000 to 9500 pd its a 3.5 mph for ant pace tractor no pace board october22 at 9amto 4pm

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,942, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009