a pump or p pump October 11, 2011 04:42AM
What's the advantage of having a p pump over a a pump. And what would I have to do to a 4430 if I was to put a 466 in it.

Re: a pump or p pump October 11, 2011 08:32AM
A p pump has better reliability and a cheaper price for the same power.

Re: a pump or p pump October 13, 2011 03:30AM
Thanks for the info

Re: a pump or p pump October 14, 2011 03:26PM
A P-Pump allows for more fuel flow and can produce alot higher RPM's, an A-Pump doesnt flow as much fuel because you can get a big enough plunger and barrel size to fit into the housing like you can in the P-Pump; if you go with a P-Pump make sure you think about a bigger tubo to support the amount of fuel you will be pushing, and if you go with bigger plungers and barrels on either pump you may want to consider bigger injectors and bigger lines to get the fuel into the cylinder

As far as your 4430 into a 466, you could go with an engine swap to a 40, 50, or 55 series engine. The 50/55 series have the best head as far a air flow when they are portted and polished, if you want to keep the original block you will have to have the block machined out and go with bigger pistons

Re: a pump or p pump October 16, 2011 08:51AM
Thanks for the info. What do i have to do with the clutch. I know i have to do some thing. IM just trying to make a good farm class or maybe even a 3000 rpm

Re: a pump or p pump October 16, 2011 10:30AM
you wont need a p-pump for that

Re: a pump or p pump October 16, 2011 01:41PM
That's what thought but just wanted more info. The more info the better. Thanks

Re: a pump or p pump October 16, 2011 03:46PM
Well a good farm class you should be running the stock pump just very well adjusted, if u wanna run biggerr then u gotta do the work to the pump and get more out of it. Ik your 4430 can crank about 250 horse with the stock pump and turbo if it is adjusted right, wanna get more you gotta spend money.

What does the tractor have for a transmission? Quad, Power, or Syncro?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 03:48PM by Kickin Dirt P.T..

Re: a pump or p pump October 17, 2011 01:17AM
Quad

Re: a pump or p pump October 17, 2011 01:57PM
well i have heard or ppl boring out where the wet clutch is and are able to put into a second disk and get a double disk clutch and its suppose to hold alotta power

Re: a pump or p pump October 18, 2011 01:01AM
Do a search for Quad or JD Wet clutch.. there area a few threads about it.. you tie the traction clutch and PTO clutches together.. making it a 4 or 5 disk wet clutch..
help.. send me a PM or an email..
JDGnutt@aol.com
Bryan

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM