RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 11, 2011 09:16PM
Looking for more information on these monitors. Looking for cost? and do they work well? and how easy it is to set up a tractor and sled? Any info would be great

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 12:56AM
looking for some info to on this subject too.

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 01:08AM
give me a call at 812-292-5269. I helped and worked with Tim to get his problem resolved BoB techman

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 03:34AM
Give Lloyd a call he will help out any way he can.

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 03:56AM
I have a question about this class. I just heard about this class. How does this work? Does the monitor keep the tractor below 3000 or cut if off and back on.
If it cuts it off and back on, there would be waves in the pulling track IS this a problem??

Do you run all the safety equipment???

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 04:11AM
the way it works or at least the one we use is you put a magnet on the front pulley on the tractor with a sensor that picks up the rpm of the motor. then there is a plug in at the back of the tractor that the tack plugs into. as you light the tractor, the tack reads and locks in on the top rpm of the run. if ur over 3000 or whatever the rules state then you are dqed. it serves no other purpose than to read rpm. the tractor should be set up for the rpm the class runs. hope i answered ur question

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 10:00AM
Any brand names of the monitiors or suppliers that i can find them from

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 13, 2011 12:08PM
dennis frey has had them, look for fair valley performance in the builders directory

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 14, 2011 03:08AM
Out of experience I would recommend to use at least two signals per revolution.
We have been in the situation, where the data logging equipment on the tractor was far superior to the sled monitoring systems, using 4 signals per revolution. Situations in where an engine accelerated were detected as over revs by the sled monitoring system while the graph on the data logger, based upon 4 signals per revolution, clearly showed the engine stayed under the limit.
With the two signals it has gotten a lot better...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 07:34AM by Sascha.

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 15, 2011 01:36AM
I have recommended for the last 2 years they switch their setup to a 2 magnet sysytem as well to make it more accurate, but it so far has fallen on deaf ears. Perhaps since there have been so many dq's this year they may finally listen.

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 15, 2011 02:42AM
The monitor Badger State uses can be down loaded to seeif spikes occour or actually ran over for a length of time

Re: RPM monitor on sled for 3000 rpm class October 17, 2011 11:38AM
I'm sure the one badger state uses is the Datalog sold by Dennis Frey, all the Datalog rpm boxes can be downloaded if tech wants to go through the trouble, otherwise you will just see the spike that was left in the instant memory recall and deal with it accordingly but hopefully someone has a laptop to actually see the graph and what really happened.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM