Running Bear All American chassis October 13, 2011 06:05PM
What kind of chassis is the Running Bear tractor running and who built it? Watching the 2011 season noticed it hooks well and twist to absorb the torq well.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 14, 2011 12:28AM
I believe Jeff designed and built it.
Bob Boyd

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 14, 2011 03:23PM
They still running 4 chagers with the intercooler? Does anyone have contact infor they could e-mail me?

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 14, 2011 04:10PM
the chasis works well and jeff is not afraid to get the front end up in the air,he is not afraid to lean on it and push the engine to the limit,he is the mister excitement of the unlimited super stock class

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 14, 2011 11:28PM
I think its an EDER chassis...

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 15, 2011 12:36AM
It's a Brian Diekman design if I remember corretly.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 15, 2011 07:18AM
Yes, it's Brian Diekman built, and I think it was a joint design by Jeff and Brian. I have spoken with both Jeff and Brain at length about the chassis and they definitely have put a ton of thought into it (both are really nice guys to talk with if you get the chance) I'm actually a little surprised that Brian hasn't built more chassis' for Super Stocks, if I remember correctly Brian also built the rails for the original Color of Money component chassis.

Running Bare All American hasn't been babied and it's held up very, very well so far. It's definitely one of the most flexible designs out there (if not the most flexible) and it seems to hook quicker than anyone else in that class. It's also very light and I think it would work extremely well for a Light Super.

I'm already looking forward to seeing the new Running Bare V-8 edition, and if they build a new chassis, I can't wait to see what tweaks they make.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 15, 2011 08:33AM
I had the pleasure of watching Brian drive the Runnin Bare once, he looked comfortable behind the wheel.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 15, 2011 10:44AM
Is it the tractor in the pic? [www.empirestatepullers.com]

Re: Running Bear photo new and old October 15, 2011 11:39AM

Re: Running Bear photo new and old October 15, 2011 04:07PM
Great pics. A little info behind the different editions of Runnin Bare. The first two pics with the Farris sponsored red sheet metal have the Hirt/Diekman chassis under it. The older white sheet metal has the Eder frame. The original Agco chassis was a Hirt/Johnson creation that still hooks great under the XXX sheetmetal of Keener's.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 15, 2011 08:40PM
So what is so special with this chassis design?

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 16, 2011 08:42PM
The more the frame flexes less likely your going to break a tire loose off the line. The frame takes the twist instead of unloading one tire.

Re: Running Bear All American chassis October 16, 2011 10:06PM
Yes, thats correct, but I wanted to know how they managed to build in that much flex in the frame when they have to mount the engine that far back in the frame...?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520