tractor to build October 17, 2011 07:07PM
I am looking at finally building my own tractor to pull, looking for something light to pull "farm stock" in northern wisconsin. Something to pull in the light classes that has potential to compete and also to be built up to a hobby tractor in a year or two. Looking for suggestions and ideas and what to expect to spend to be able to compete on a weekly basis. I have had quite a bit of seat time in 12000 and higher classes but need a smaller tractor so i can haul it myself. by the way I kind of like red!

Re: tractor to build October 18, 2011 02:32PM
The problem with taking a small tractor like a 560 or 666 and making some power out of it is that you have to build up the whole tranny and rear end. Depending on how big you want to go a 806 is a good rear end to build a bigger tractor with. A lot of ppl us a 1066 or even a 1466. If you want to go smaller to fit on a car trailer witch it kinda sounds that way. Buy a 460 and build it into a hobbystock.

Re: tractor to build October 18, 2011 06:36PM
that is kind of what I am learning, to just spend the money right away and build it. I was thinking about a super M but then there is not alot to be able to think of competing on hobby eventually.

Re: tractor to build October 18, 2011 11:18PM
A M for farmstock is ok but once you start going bigger you want 6 cylinders. An oliver 88 is a good farmstock and can be made into a hobby and be good.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM