V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 01:32AM
I'm still a believer that engines in two wheel drive tractors should only be able to be used, but since this is the unlimited class why not build others. Why aren't there any IH V800's or JD 955's being built? The cat 3408 could also be used. Can't say they're no good because when Beaudry's started the 903 club, people said those engines were dogs...look where they are now.

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 02:18AM
anyone know why beaudry's 903 wasnt as successfull,i imagine it was a design problem..if they had it to do over again wonder what they would change or corrected.ill never forget the first time i saw it,the thought of "holy cow" is this thing big...

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 05:51AM
I like the V8's. They are something other than the norm. I also remember the first time I saw the Beaudry's tractor. I had the same thought as you patches only I added if that thing runs it's gonna be unbeatable. I was right about that. The sad thing is theirs was always fighting them.

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 07:56AM
It will be interesting to watch under Jeff Hirt's new ride.

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 08:28AM
I THINK SOME ONE SHOULD FIND A V8 AND PUT IT ON DIESEL AT 1000 CUBIC INCHES.
WHATCH IT ROLL

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 09:04AM
I wish Jeff and his crew the best of luck with it and I'll certainly be a close watcher! I hope they fix what we did not. Maybe we were too stubborn with things we should have changed. Always tough to see flaws when you're looking from too close. (I stay as close to my wife as I can so she won't see mine...) It was a bunch of fun and glad we could open the door to some excitement in this class. Hope we find some new fun in the light class.

Thanks to all those that stayed interested in what we were doing. As I've said a number of times, it's the people we meet that makes this all worthwhile.

Re: ?? for PB October 19, 2011 10:19AM
Hi Pat , what details can you give us about your new build ?
Still remember the grin on your dads face the first time he hooked 7500 with the D21 at St Hy.

Re: ?? for PB October 20, 2011 12:08AM
IH DT alcky 505. Basically same chassis with a new twist. Gotta try some stuff otherwise it wouldn't be fun! Most likely new tin work. Hopefully will be ready for 2012.

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 08:36AM
wonder if the thought of a 2 cycle detroit has ceossed anyones mind.2 cycle alky burner,what in the world would that sound like....

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 09:20AM
It has been thought of, just hasn't left the bar napkin yet.

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 03:12PM
I was at tomah watching that class its nice to the v8 ih of blakborn and the silver ih

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 19, 2011 05:11PM
The "Silver IH" is Kevin Campbell's "Controlled Chaos."

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 20, 2011 03:14AM
There were a group of guys in europe that had started building an inline 6-71 detroit to run on alcohol, saw some early build pictures on pullingworld.com, but never saw anymore on it. The thing that would scare the hell out of me is the liner ports opening up with fire still in the hole and having all that fuel/air mix right there.....I always figured that would be a recipe for an explosion!

Re: V8's in unlimited/open super cass October 20, 2011 03:43AM
so true.i never thought of that.that would definitly be the end of any crankcase..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM