12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 19, 2011 11:08AM
Wondering what clubs are using for rules, hopfully to be simple and eliminate crying/whining, if this is possible.
the class would include all makes including the " BIG J.D." considerations are

1. 20 mph speed limit?
2. 2.31" inlet charger?
3. p-pump?
4. 3000 RPM !!
5. water injection?
6. 20.8 x 42" max tire

Not sure if this is a good start or a bad idea, just looking for positve feed back to a make an "economical", FUN class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2011 11:09AM by IH1086.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 19, 2011 11:48AM
At least 2500 lbs. too heavy
The 3000 rpm limit should take care of the speed limit, figure out if you want speed limit or RPM limit, not both.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 20, 2011 05:25AM
the 2.31" inlet will be the speed limiter.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 20, 2011 09:04AM
currently the 6030 can put a whole world of hurt on the IH boys, all of which run pretty well.
ussually in a 14,500# class at 2800 rpm, non-santioned pulls in the area. as of now the IH's
are running stock core pumps.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 20, 2011 10:37AM
are you looking to make class rules for ih guys? i pull a deere. i didn't pull against a single 6030 all year. but i asure you that those ih guys running there truck engines with thier "stock" pumps ran right by me.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 20, 2011 03:18PM
not trying to cater to IH boys, from a club stand point the more color the better I feel. Red, Green, Orange, Blue, Yellow would
be great for show. just wondering what other clubs are using, and if it works well, without a lot of headaches. For a class that can vary from fords at 401 cubes or john deere 619, to massey 640 v-8

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 20, 2011 07:10PM
if the IH ran past you every week with a rotary against a P pump and 619 cubes against 466 you got a little work to do this winter or nobody with red tractors up here Know anything and i am not sure but i dont think thats the case, it is not about favoring any color it makes it fair for everyone a speed limit you dont need any rules because you are limitted and we all know what happens if you pull too slow for the amount of power you have

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 21, 2011 10:43AM
I would have to agree with chad, if you are getting beat by a rotary pump, you need to do your homework.. The problem we have in our area is that you can not run a p pump unless it came factory. alot more work needs to be done to the ih to be able to compete with the p pump so i believe opening the rules to everyone running a p pump would make for a better class on even rules.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 21, 2011 01:28PM
I think that the best rules would be about an 18-20mph speed limit and 3000rpm and u would need no other rules. It wouldnt matter what pump, turbo, what weight reduction, or brand. Cubic inch will always play a part but it would be less with a speed limit.

Re: 12,500# hobby/ too hot to farm class October 21, 2011 01:56AM
20 mph speed limit....too hard to enforce. P-pump....most economical to purchase and run. Water injection.....motors will live longer and be cheaper in long run but involves testing the water. 20.8-42.......alright, question is whether you allow top or full cuts. 3000 rpm.....any more than that requires full safety equipment which everyone probably will be required any way by insurance and is expensive to build for higher rpms. 2.31 charger inlet......I like this, maybe not this exact size, but if everyone has to run the same size slug in the turbo it seems to be the real equalizer no matter what cubes you run and is easy to make a rule change in the size the next year to fine tune the class and the only thing pullers need to buy or change is to a different size slug. In some instances we have seen the smaller cube tractors beat up on the big cubes in these classes. 11,000 or 11,500 would be a little easier to haul and easier on parts and every tractor should be able to make weight without spending a lot of money and still have some moveable weight. Sounds like fun. Just remember, you can't please everyone, but you should please the majority of the pullers and the fans because you need both of them to survive. No. 1 consideration is always safety.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009