Western Farm Show October 20, 2011 03:46PM
The Western Farm Show in Kansas City has the 2012 application on thier website. Looks like they have added a 3rd day,a new class, and more money. This pull was great last year and is only going to get bigger each year.

Re: Western Farm Show October 21, 2011 01:37AM
In the Outlaw newsletter, Doug stated they have figured out a warm up area for the diesels, so that'll speed things up really well!
A couple other improvements also.
I know Doug and ALL the tech guys are working to make this better.
They will keep working on this and have it a "must attend" show.
Already is for me !!!!
Just hope the Running on Empty team figures out some sand screens for his belt drive air cleaners!

Re: Western Farm Show October 22, 2011 04:30PM
Would be real nice if we didn't have to park 2 miles away with haulers. Thanks

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 01:53AM
An indoor pit area and warmup area would be a good start. Parking for pullers next most important. Do away with turbo limit in prostock and bring in some good iron from all over the country in all divisions instead of outlaw exclusive, then maybe it might become a "must attend" event.

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 06:02AM
Go to the kentucky show if thats what you prefer! Why would you want the same show all over again? If you can't handle running the small Pro charger stay home! Sorry to disapoint you with the equipment that was there.

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 09:45AM
I could respond to that by saying why do I want to see the same old outlaw show I could see all summer, but that wasn't my point. My point was in order to become a must attend event it has to include the best of the best equipment from around the country, not just the competitors from one organizationWinking

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 12:05PM
Why must you have tractors from around the country? Doug Roberts put the deal together and he can have whoever he wants. Lots from around here went last year and had a great time and saved some fuel money instead of driving to Ky. Too bad they spent it all on liquid refreshments!

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 12:41PM
BR
Why must you have tractors from around the country? Doug Roberts put the deal together and he can have whoever he wants. Lots from around here went last year and had a great time and saved some fuel money instead of driving to Ky. Too bad they spent it all on liquid refreshments!

That's what it takes to have a must attend event. It's an ok local event for those not wanting to make the trek to Louisville or Gordyville. There's lots of room for improvements of which I'm sure some will be addressed this time around

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 12:44PM
Do not think it was all Outlaw pullers. Blagrave, Kielmeyer, Amundson, Peetz, Koch, Hinds, Bruns, Bell, Schultz, Schreier, Shramek, just to name a few. Nice mix with the Outlaw tractors and a great event. Lot of positive talk all year about this pull and looks to get better.

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 01:35PM
Blagrave, Shramek, Kielmeyer, and Koch were a start but 10,000 more seats are going to need to be filled to make it a viable event. Hopefully they can figure out how to do it

Re: Western Farm Show October 25, 2011 02:59AM
Last year the bottom ring of seats were about full on Saturday night and that is about 5000 people, not counting another 500 in the suites, that were all full with a waiting list already. Great title and class sponsors and lots of them with a waiting list to sponsor a class, well ran event, good tie in with the Western Farm Show. Not bad for first year, and I am predicting that it will reach 10,000 in the next year or two. A lot of fans and pullers out West are opting out of Louisville to go to this event because of time and money.

Re: Western Farm Show October 25, 2011 04:15AM
Well all the nay-sayers can rag on Roberts and Outlaws all they want, but it was my first time pulling indoors and it was great. My first Outlaw pull and never been treated any better than I was at the pull. Every puller got 4 free tickets to the farm show each day, 4 free tickets to the pull each night with a chance to buy more if you wanted at discount price ($5 off per ticket), One nice embroidered winter coat and hat plus tote bag full of goodies (program, lapel pin, stickers, etc.), 4 free tickets to Kansas City Barbeque at noon on Saturday in the big restaurant inside Kemper Arena, discount rates at about 10 different hotels close to Kemper Arena, along with parking pass for your personal vehicle in parking lot right outside the Arena. Probably close to $500 in value for each puller, not to mention great payout for class and trophies for top 3. That along with filming and replays on the big screen, plus TV’s in hallways and suites. Great atmosphere, announcing, well ran event and as far as I am concerned it is already a MUST SEE EVENT. Bad weather (6 inches of snow on top of ice) probaly cost about 2000 people to miss Friday night pull. Hope to get invited back again.

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 12:21PM
Let,s see, 1 block north & 2 blocks east does not equal 2 miles from Kemper Arena. Plus if is too far for you, do not send in, plenty of others to take your place.

Re: Western Farm Show October 23, 2011 07:54PM
Ok I can understand the parking issue as noone wants to park an extended distance from the venue. Maybe this can all be worked out in the near future. For the comment about filling 10000 more seats. I can remember going to Louisville not all so many years ago when you could walk up to the ticket stand and buy tickets for the Saturday night show and have really "Good" seats. I mean good by we bought seats one year and were in lower level about the finish line. So I am saying give this event a chance and most likely it will grow. There will always be the naysayers, the only thing I can say to that is your are not required to spend your money to attend that event as I have chosen not to attend NFMS for several years.

Re: Western Farm Show October 24, 2011 02:33AM
I think its great the western pullers have their own event. NOW YOU CAN KEEP YOUR ANNOUNCER!!!!!!!!

Re: Western Farm Show October 24, 2011 10:06AM
I see nothing wrong with a guy that know's about and if he does not goes around the pits and finds out about pullers and their rigs.I guess you enjoy red,green,red green,reeeed,greeeeen.Well you get my point!

Re: Western Farm Show-Breaking News October 25, 2011 08:48AM
Read this: [www.nbcactionnews.com]

Re: Western Farm Show-Breaking News October 25, 2011 09:23AM
Well, that would be a good way to get another 50' of track... or more. But seating for 5,000 sounds a little small. I thought they drew well over that for the AR rodeo, or least they used to.

Re: Western Farm Show-Breaking News October 25, 2011 02:09PM
They need to find some more track, it is hard enough pulling in the winter then you add a even shorter track then normal indoor pulls. That is terrorizing tractors, they are on a dead lug the whole way. Not worth the money to put that much wear and tare on a $100,000+ tractor. I AM NOT IN ANY WAY BASHING DOUG ROBERTS OR THE SHOW. They put on a good show with a good amount of tractors. But in order to make it a must see pull (or even to get more people to bring their tractors) they really need to lengthen the track in some way or find new facilities. Also I agree to make it a all around indoor pull, not just an outlaw pull. Do you see any other indoor pulls having a ntpa only? a ppl only? No..

Re: Western Farm Show-Breaking News October 25, 2011 08:17PM
They have been talking about this for 5 years and nothing has happened. Kemper could not hold all the events and they built the Sprint Center downtown about 2 miles away. Kemper is still used almost every weekend, not just concerts anymore. Louisville built new KFC Um Center downtown about 5 miles north and Freedom Hall is still used almost every weekend and Louisville is not as big of population. Cant see them tearing down 17,000 seat arena and replacing with 5000 seat arena for $55 million to downsze. Of course taxpayers have been screwed before. If they do maybe they can have 300 ft track and more pit area.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,918, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,017.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM